The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need a jumping saddle that fits like my Albion dressage saddle... help!

I have had this horse for 8 years and had 7 saddles, I have tried many that he hates and some that work ok, but none make him happy the way his albion dressage saddle does. Is it even possible to find a saddle that fits similarly? Does the albion jumping saddles fit similarly as the dressage (the website seems to make me think the trees are totally different, which I guess would make sense) Any ideas? I currently have two devoucouxs that I need to get rid of since they aren't working and can be added to the list of saddles that worked for a little while ...

Quote Originally Posted by flyracing View Post
    I have had this horse for 8 years and had 7 saddles, I have tried many that he hates and some that work ok, but none make him happy the way his albion dressage saddle does. Is it even possible to find a saddle that fits similarly? Does the albion jumping saddles fit similarly as the dressage (the website seems to make me think the trees are totally different, which I guess would make sense) Any ideas? I currently have two devoucouxs that I need to get rid of since they aren't working and can be added to the list of saddles that worked for a little while ...
    You should try the Albion Kontrol. It is made on the same tree as the Albion SLK (or it used to be anyway).

Have you tried Kieffer jumping saddles? I had a TB for whom a Kieffer jumping and Albion dressage were the best fit by far. The older albion jumping saddles fit more like the dressage. The newer ones I have seen don't seem to as much, but I am not an expert on those. Other thoughts would be British made jumping saddles from Walsall (you could talk to the folks at www.advancedsaddlefit.com who know their stuff, though are a bit dogmatic about it).
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Try the albion jumping saddles!! I have the Kontact and i love it! though i've ridden in the kontrol, the k2 and the whole Frank Baines line.

Do you have an Albion rep near you? If your located around Area2 PM me and can give you a person.

Proud owner of a Spicy mare!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyracing View Post
    I've been going through saddle insanity for a few years now and have decided to get rid of everything that doesn't work for anyone (that would be 6 out of 7 saddles) and have one made by David Stackhouse. Since I don't want any bells and whistles it will probably cost less than a customized French saddle. I. Can't. Wait.