The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Swiffer vacuum?

Anyone try the Swiffer dry mop/vacuum combo? I like my Swiffer sweeper and Swiffer mop... but it's annoying having to sweep the particles of stuff into a pile and then getting the hand-vac. We have all hard floors throughout the house and only the stairs are carpeted, so we don't have a regular vac, and it would be nice to just sweep things up and suck 'em up at the same time without being a two-step process... but I was curious as to how they work (battery?) and how much suction power they really have...

I have the swiffer vacuum. It's awesome, the only complaint is battery life, I get about 20 mins out of it. I'm not sure how long they are supposed to last though. I just leave it plugged in all the time.

I picks up all the hair really well, even gets the stray kitty litter sands, but won't pick up something heavier like a penny. I especially love it for reaching under the beds.

Thanks!

Of course I just went out to find one, and there's not a one to be found at any of the stores around here... despite the Swiffer website claiming it's at each one of them. Argh.

Another thumbs up for the Swiffer vacuum! I use mine on days in-between dragging out the Dyson. It's great at getting the dog/cat hair off my tile and hardwoods and the scattered kitty litter from around the litter box. I agree with beaulilly, though on the battery. I keep mine plugged in all the time and I still have to hurry to get everything done before the battery conks out!