The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default how does one google a person

I have tried to do this and I never do it successfully. I always come up with thousands of pages with every body and their brother that I am not searching for or I come up with NOTHING!!!

Put the full name "in quotes" and add a location that you think is right. If one googles my name they come up with a comedian, but if they use quotes and my town, they come to me.

It's not as useful if the person has a common name, like "Joe Smith." If you know something else about them, like their job or town, add that. Like:

"Joe Smith" lawyer Atlanta

depends what kind of name it is. Like pp said... Joe Smith and you're going to need more info. With average names I start at google with "First Last" in quotes definitely. If that doesn't give much or is vague I'll try adding a state. Horsepeople, if I'm trying to find background or industry stuff I'll usually type: "First Last" horse.

There is also Zabasearch, and criminalsearches.com (not www. ) but some states don't put the criminal records on there, and some include everything including minor traffic offenses.

Good one Carolina.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Wow thanks guys I didn't know about the quotes!!! I've tried googling my husband to check out he's awards etc that he received etc while in the military because he always gave me vague details! as well as my self! I am going to have to try these new steps!

What Carolina said. That poster is really slick!

For awards, honors and published papers also do "last name, first initial(s)" My published academic papers only show up that way as does my honors society memberships. You can also use the advanced thingy to limit dates or locations etc . .

I lurv goolge

Whoops, sorry stonzthrow, I edited out my comment! Since you referred to it, here it is again.

There's someone here on COTH that has mad google skills. She's an expert on everything, really. Username begins with an "s".
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadreamin' View Post
    Whoops, sorry stonzthrow, I edited out my comment! Since you referred to it, here it is again.

There's someone here on COTH that has mad google skills. She's an expert on everything, really. Username begins with an "s".
    WAH-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.