The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default best every day tall boot

ok i admit it- i have a pair of ariat iceberg boots i've been living in all winter. I LOFF them. They were cheap and i've had them for 2 seasons now- and my love grows stronger each day.

But soon it will be getting too warm to wear them...and my paddock boots/chaps are shot...so i'm in the market for new warm-weather boots. Wondering if there are any good tall boots that are good for everyday wear- be it around the barn, riding, etc.

Suggestions?

I wear my Ariat field boots every single time I go to the barn. I have for the past 3 years. I love them and it will be a sad, sad day when they die.

I have a pair od Mountain Horse tall boots that I wear everyday to ride---LOVE LOVE LOVE them--very comfortable, and they have a more rugged sole then my Ariats, which are my show boots (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE for different reasons) My MH boots were less expensive then my Ariat dress boots, so I wondered about quality, but this is my 3rd yr with the MH boots, and they are still going strong!

I have a pair of Ariat field boots that I got inexpensively from one of the teens in our barn when she outgrew them. I wear them everyday and love them. I have heard very good things about the mountain horse also, but I know Ariats fit me really well and I like the footbed and support I get from them
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!