The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Santa Anita race 4, 2/13/10

Yeah, yeah, it is easy to be a back seat jockey...

What the heck was with Tyler Baze falling off #4 "SWITCH" after they crossed the finish line? (No he was not hurt & is riding mounts the rest of the day.)

He gave the horse a less than stellar ride. Kept a strong hold on her on the backside; so much so I ended up yelling, "Let her go! Let her go!" at the computer screen. She was beat by a 1/2 length in a close three way finish.

I think she could have easily had it had he actually let her run.

What a cr@ppy steering job he did too. Nope, don't think the mare is a tough steer at all. Especially from the head on view. Looks like he had to keep correcting his oversteering of her. For those not able to watch a replay, no vast steering corrections required. Simply nitpicking over every step out of straightest line possible, of course, loses ground.

Signed,
    I Lost $4 Bucks
    Last edited by ThisTooShallPass; Feb. 13, 2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: took out extra duplicate word
    "Police officers are public servants. Not James Bond with a license to kill."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisTooShallPass View Post
    What the heck was with Tyler Baze falling off #4 "SWITCH" after they crossed the finish line? (No he was not hurt & is riding mounts the rest of the day.)
    That win by Blind Luck was from up above as there was no way she should've won that head bob.

I'll go with it was Whisk's guardian angel bitch slapping him off the horse for that oh so losing ride he gave her.
    "Police officers are public servants. Not James Bond with a license to kill."

equipment failure

And IEAH wanted to point Stardom Bound to the Apple Blossom against Zenyatta & Rachel? Ha! Sorry but that gal's best G1-level days are well behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers On View Post
    equipment failure
    That's what Cigar said.

How's that working for Michael? Feb 8th IEAH group paid Lanzman $1.425 million for his quarter interest in Stardom Bound. That was the remaining non-IEAH stake in her.

I suppose they still could send her the Apple Blossom and get the $100k appearance fee if she end up 8th.

In the words of Thomas Crown "you overpaid"

Quote Originally Posted by DickHertz View Post
    That's what Cigar said.
    LOL !!!