The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Guess the Title of the book - feel free to add your own!

1. 4 Kids, A Circuit. Heroines eq horse pops a splint when she does a jumper course behind her trainers back to settle a bet with obnoxious love interest #1. Bitsy and the others loan the heroine their horses so that she can qualify for the Medals. Love ensues.....

2. One Girl at camp. Sneasks off the bus on the last day to ride the camps Chestnut Stallion just once..... Goes on one heck of a long trail ride as she tries to protect the horse from bandits.

3. (And I can't remember the title!!!). Boy's dad buys/sells slaughter horses. One is different, beautiful, talented. Boy takes it on a cross country journey to find its home. Turns out the horse is a valuable andalusian dressage horse!
    The witchy witch witch of south central NC.

Guess the Title of the book - feel free to add your own!

1. 4 Kids, A Circuit. Heroines eq horse pops a splint when she does a jumper course behind her trainers back to settle a bet with obnoxious love interest #1. Bitsy and the others loan the heroine their horses so that she can qualify for the Medals. Love ensues.....

2. One Girl at camp. Sneasks off the bus on the last day to ride the camps Chestnut Stallion just once..... Goes on one heck of a long trail ride as she tries to protect the horse from bandits.

3. (And I can't remember the title!!!). Boy's dad buys/sells slaughter horses. One is different, beautiful, talented. Boy takes it on a cross country journey to find its home. Turns out the horse is a valuable andalusian dressage horse!

This is driving me NUTS, because I *own* that first one, but I can't for the life of me remember the author or title, and needless to say I can't find the book, either. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

dodododooododododododododododooooooooooododododo.

Extra clue for Number 1 - Think of a combination the heroine may have seen during the ill fated jumper course. A "....." combination.

Got it, silly me, #1 would be Double Dare by our very own LaurieB, would it not? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Got it right!

Heehee, I bought that book at our local Gold Circle when I was 13. Just about wore it out - great mix of teen romamnce with realistic horse show scenarios.

Arggggh... I swear I have read number 3, but I can't think of the title either... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif

Book #2 sounds familiar (aren't the bandits stealing the camp's horses), but I am stumped as it's been too long.
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

#2 sounds like "A Horse for XYZ" but I read it in third or fourth grade, so I'm not really sure.

Wasn't the chestnut horse disguised? When it rained the horse all of a sudden became a paint? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

I believe RugBug has #2 - it was driving me crazy trying to remember the title of that one! Isn't that the same one where the horse is painted a different color to disguise his true identity? And I love that there are stallions at camp http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

The third story is called the something special horse. GREAT book! I loved it! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Oh you guys figured them all out!

We need some more plot lines to match up - anyone have some good ones?

I can't remember any plots, but here are some book clues:

Boy and trainer try to cure a snarky standardbred mare of biting by giving her a hot potato to bite.

Hippie girl can ride an incorregible rearer due to her talent of staying on any horse and her flower power. Later she leaves/dies (can't remember which) the horse farm.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Magnolia:
    We need some more plot lines to match up - anyone have some good ones? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Here's one:

#4) Orphan teenage girl. Exercise rider at racing farm discovers something not quite right about the breeding operations and sets off to solve mystery behind stallion switch.
    Jer 29: 11-13

That's To Ride a Dark Horse. Lynn Hall, I believe.
    http://longestformat.blogspot.com/

"The present tense of regret is indecision."
    - Welcome to Night Vale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by equestrielle:
    Hippie girl can ride an incorregible rearer due to her talent of staying on any horse and her flower power. Later she leaves/dies (can't remember which) the horse farm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The Black Stallion and The Girl?
    Mal: Well, you were right about this being a bad idea.
    Zoe: Thanks for saying, sir. - Firefly: Serenity

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by equestrielle:
    Boy and trainer try to cure a snarky standardbred mare of biting by giving her a hot potato to bite.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Black Stallion's Filly
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Yes and yes.

Apparently Walter Farley wrote the Black Stallion and the Girl to represent some real life event that happened with a real girl ...and I think she died in real life. I can't remember the details, I am sure someone can.

I am always traveling now! I love it! But home is CT

The girl in "Black Stallion and the Girl" is based on Pam, Walter Farley's own daughter, who died in a car accident.

Tragic story, tragic book, but probably my fav of all the black stallion series!
    I got a webshots album! Yay! Go see : http://community.webshots.com/user/piggiejump

Oh, fun topic!

Okay, here's a plot...

Teenage girl finds starved horse chained in a river in a junkyard... discovers who filly really is...
    Life is short, do it now. www.dleestudio.com
    OTTB's
    My CANTER cutie, Steely Dan - IL
    My Exceller cutie, Ace (aka FiftyThreeCards)- NY