The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

ChattHillsEventing Guest

Default Chatt Hills/AEC's looking for Dog rescue association as an additional beneficiary

We welcome and appreciate any suggestions or contacts that you may have that will help us find a deserving rescue group, please visit our facebook page for contact information or the USEA Omni and label any subject lines as
    ATTN: dog rescue.

Our mission is inspired by the story of Booster, or "Boo" as he is affectionately known to his loving family.

While planning for last year's Area III championships, a "creature" was spotted on the property near the river.
    The animal was in such poor condition that no one could make heads or tails of which end was which, but one thing was certain: it was a dog and he needed help. After hours of coaxing, this terrified lump of matted fur and dirt was finally brought inside for the first real meal he had had in undoubtedly quite some time. After a bath and a good clipping,
    what was once barely identifiable as a dog emerged as a handsome poodle with a new lease on life.
    He was taken into foster care where love and attention fed an ever enthusiastic personality until he was adopted out to a forever home.
    Boo now spends his days doing some riding of his own---on the back of a Harley with his new dad, living the life that every
    dog should have.

We wish every story could end up like Boo's, and Chattahoochee Hills wants to be a part of helping homeless
    animals in our area.

Thanks for everyone's support!

Chattahoochee Hills
    chatthills@aol.com

I suggest Sunkissedacres, located in Summerville, GA. Lori is a COTH'er and runs this rescue for horses and dogs, but I know she has a different name for the dog rescue part.
    You can find more info at www.sunkissedacres.com but I will PM Lori and see if she can post the correct info for her dog rescue group here.

Your story about Boo really hit me in my heart because I have poodles and my newest addition to the family is a rescued poodle who was also found as a stray, starving and matted, at only ~6-7 months old.

Kudos for your initiative to fundraise thru the AECs!

Default The Atlanta Dog Squad

Another rescue for labs and lab mixes here in Georgia: http://atlantadogsquad.org/index.htm
    www.littlekentuckyfarm.com
    Thoroughbred Training and Sales

"look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

Thumbs up Danny Robertshaw & Ron Danta

Have been exemplary horsemen for years and started the dog rescue to help the dogs displaced by hurricane Katrina. It grew from there. . .

http://www.dannyandronsrescue.com/

Kelli Temple is the best dog rescue person in the world - and they wouldn't have to look very far!

Quote Originally Posted by Tux61096 View Post
    Have been exemplary horsemen for years and started the dog rescue to help the dogs displaced by hurricane Katrina. It grew from there. . .

http://www.dannyandronsrescue.com/
    Ditto. My mom is already planning a trip to Camden when her old boy crosses over to be with Dad and Monty. Hopefully, it will still be awhile, but she's already talking about it. I think they are great and hope to make my own trip down in the next few months when my living arrangements change and Stella can finally have a little brother or sister. They are AWESOME.

I have attempted on several occasions to find this on the website but.........no luck. Dogs on Death Row has made an application via email. Having rescued a lovely dog from Chatt hills myself, I sincerely hope this goes to a worthwhile organization. Yahoooooooooooo Chatt hills.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement