The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TOTD- easiplaits?

how do these work? has anyone used them? I try to ALWAYS braid my jumper (I know, GM would be proud ) for classics, but it takes me for.ever.

Thanks!

Eh looks gimmicky and ridiculous. I don' think the braids on the horse pictured look quality at all. Google it and you come up with some negative reviews on other BBs. Perhaps someone here has experience with them as well.

Those braid eez things are never the right width -- maybe OK for eventers or dressage, but way too wide for hunter braids.

Practice practice practice. With time you will be able to do a whole mane in 45 minutes or so. That's "good ammie" time, I'm sure the braider pros do it even faster.

Oh my those aren't hunter braids at all. Definitely wouldn't try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Catomine View Post
    Oh my those aren't hunter braids at all. Definitely wouldn't try that.
    Well the OP does jumpers. Larger "dressage" type braids are acceptable there. However, I don't think GM would be too impressed with these.

I actually googled them earlier today and found a thread from a different forum on them. It seems like they're more popular in the UK, and most liked by fox hunters who always have to braid, and those who do english and western (becasue they're quick and easy and so they don't have to use the western bands for the english). A lot of people said they wouldn't recommend them though
    Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    Don't throw away opportunities because they aren't coming in exactly the form you want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipChange View Post
    Well the OP does jumpers. Larger "dressage" type braids are acceptable there. However, I don't think GM would be too impressed with these.
    I thought of that as soon as I posted it, LOL. Even for jumpers however, I would probably rather have a loose mane than those braids.

i've never used it, but honestly the picture does not look *that* bad to me. go for it, OP. it sounds like if you are struggling to make decent looking braids in a reasonable amount of time, then these will probably come out better.

honestly, the picture looks exactly like standard jumpery braids when i see horses braided for classics.
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

Quote Originally Posted by superpony123 View Post
    honestly, the picture looks exactly like standard jumpery braids when i see horses braided for classics.
    They look the same as mine do, honestly. (I do the euro-style dressage-y braids lol.) I am just hoping to save some time! It takes me probably an hour to braid my guys mane, and his hair is so thin he only gets seven braids!! Thanks, all. gonna give them a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Catomine View Post
    Even for jumpers however, I would probably rather have a loose mane than those braids.
    Catomine- can I ask why? Do you not like the euro-look, or do you think those particular braids are poorly done?

Also- I used to have a horse named Catomine! great little OTTB turned childrens eq dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Dressage.For.Life. View Post
    It seems like they're more popular in the UK,
    I'm not surprised, I have seen lots of pictures in British magazines with braids as ugly as the ones in the ad for this product. If that's the finished result I wouldn't be using their product, ugh!