The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by alteringwego View Post
    Somewhat surprised this has made it to page 4!

I'm in the same boat as LaurieP. Our horses have every need/pain/quirk addressed and the only things we ask from them is to behave and work under saddle and to occasionally withstand being a bit uncomfortable for the sake of beauty. Not a big deal. And frankly I found the no hands required restraints to be genius. Wished I had thought of a clamp and bungi before!
    Yes I am aboard that ship! Here all these years I've been letting my hand cramp while trying to twitch a horse long enough to get a shot in it, let alone shorten its mane so that the REAL torture of standing still forever while tiny little braids get twisted into its neck can go quicker. It's not JUST for beauty. Although I do prefer a short, tidy mane (cut or pulled) to a long one anyday. Always have, even when I was a kid just dreaming of owning my own horse. The clamp thing definitely went to the top 5 twitches in my book.
    Who needs wings when you've got a jumper?
    http://darkstr.webs.com

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by KismetEagleEyes View Post
    REALLY?!?!? I was trying to refrain from commenting on this thread, but I couldn't stand it any longer. Perhaps you should abandon all modern technology as well and retreat into the woods to live as one with nature...and don't forget your peace pipe.
    please to be stop picking on unibrows. After all,they have more world cup wins than most of us!
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.