The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Clemson SC boarding, need ideas

I apologize if someone has better search results than myself if there is previous threads please link!

I'm looking to move barns at the end of this month for various reasons, I'm not a drama bug so no need to vent, I just know it's the right thing to do after months of trying to fix the situation. ANYWAY. Looking in the Clemson/Anderson area of SC, preferably as close to Anderson as possible as I live in the heart of town and proximity to home is more important that school. Need safe semi-private/small group turnout, stall, indoor would be great but a decent all-weather with lights (or without - I ride early afternoon usually). Would love to have at least 4 small jumps I can play around with, but I'm even willing to go to a reining barn if everything else is great and trailer out to school over fences. I have a budget, but it's fairly competitive with the area, definately willing to pay for the upgrade from the current situation. I've looked on websites and rode around but nothing has impressed me enough to hold a stall for various reasons. Maybe someone knows of smaller quieter or specialty farms ??

My guy is a well mannered big personality guy who's a easy keeper and we show USEF and willing to go to AQHA if we fell into that kind of barn, but I like having show buddies. Kinda lonely going all by yourself, makes for a boring day

All suggestions welcome, and negative comments are open to PM as well. TIA!
    Zippos Kryptonite (Reno) 05' AQHA
    Little Miss Understood (Indy) 01' Appaloosa
    The Unturned Stone (Chase) 11' AQHA
    ~ Rescue Mom to: Hope, Ciara, Charlotte, Ace, Knox

I was at Stoneridge in Liberty/Anderson many years ago; fantastic facilities, adequate turnout.

Unfortunately there aren't many options in the area which is why I opened my barn. I didn't want to have to drive to Tryon! Where have you looked? Stoneridge is the only one I know of with a decent sized indoor, but I don't know much about the western barns in the area. If your looking for something smaller/quieter then Stoneridge probably isn't what you're looking for. I think Bill Payne and I are the only ones who go to H/J shows, mostly PSJ and the like but occasionally an A or AA; Chimene does a few herself, but they are mainly eventers (at least when I was there years ago).

If you have questions about specific barns feel free to PM me and I can give you a good bit of information about many of the english barns in the area.
    A lovely horse is always an experience.... It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words. ~Beryl Markham

try contacting kari anderson/tankerlsy. i think her farm is twin tree farm, and in anderson. really nice people and good to the horses. might not be the fanciest place in town, but that does not always mean the best care
    i can get kari's info if you need it.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

I boarded my horse with Amy Nichol's at Smiling Horse Farms. It was about 10 minutes from campus. Nice facility, great care, but primarily eventing. Unfortunately I no longer have her contact info.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

eemorgan Guest

Default Pelzer?

Hey! Hopefully this helps some!

I am currently a student at College of Charleston but while i am home (greenville) i ride and Big Creek Farms under Melissa Meyers (she just got married it used to be Johnson). Her barn is located off Hwy 8 in pelzer which isnt too far of a drive from anderson. Its a fairly small barn but they have wonderful grounds and a ring with about 9-10 jumps, but it isnt covered so if it rains your out of luck. She normally keeps her horses 2-3 to a paddock, but im not sure about prices. If you would like to contact her she can be emailed at msj21@att.net.

Also i would check the Tack Shop's website Thetackshop.biz They have a whole page dedicated to barns in the upstate area. Melissa's number will be listed there as well if you would like to call instead.

I hope you find something that works for you!!

~Erin