The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I can't breathe....it hurts...
    Go, Baby, Go......
    Aefvue Farms Footing Inspector

Dear, wonderful Willem, you've just proved the truth of this:

Somewhere, somewhere in time’s own space, there must be some sweet pastured place.
    Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow, some paradise where horses go.
    For by the love that guides your pen, I know great horses live again.

Willem -
    Please say hello to Tug, a wonderful friend who was the first horse I leased when I came back to riding. I just learned this week he was called to the bridge. How I wish I could have been there with him, to give him one last hug and a carrot. No one knew exactly how old he was, the best guess was that he was somewhere around 25. In his younger years, he was a champion green horse - there is a wonderful picture in the barn of him with my trainer from 1986 - then later he made the rounds as a children's and beginner rider hunter. He was completely opinionated but always forgiving.
    Godspeed Tug. We miss you.
    My new mantra - \"Life is too short not to eat ice cream.\"
    ReRiders Clique

All teary-eyed at work again. Willem, you're right as always. Say hi to Stranger, Polo and Bayer from their always Mom.

Willem, you made me cry. That was beautiful. Please say hello to my first horse Candy (I posted about her once before), and my first horse camp horse Robin, and please watch for my dog Riley to come. She has cancer and isn't supposed to see Christmas.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Nowhere good....but finally headed home to TEXAS!!!

Oh, Willem...that was beautiful, simply beautiful. I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face, but with a huge smile in my heart because I know that you were there to help guide my beloved "Doc Hollywood" over the Bridge last month. Help take care of him, Willem, he meant the world to me.
    ~Blue

Momma always said,\"Honey, you ain\'t a real cowgirl \'till you fall off \'least 10 times.\"

Proud member of the: \"Re-Rider\'s\" Clique and the Sunniflax Clique

I was not even here during the days of Willem and I am sitting here actually crying.
    <><

Thank you Willem for giving me faith again. What a a beautiful gift.

Please give my love to all that have left me for the bridge....you know who they are.

I love you guys.

Elizabeth
    Member of the OTTB Clique, Re-Riders Clique and the Thread Killer Clique.

http://community.webshots.com/user/esimison

Thank you for your beautiful words...I could hardly read them for all the tears streaming from my eyes!!

I\'m not crazy. I\'m just a little unwell.

Please don't nott to cry! This it be wrong, this it be wrong! Please be HAPPY, be happy becose you haff haffed this loff in your life, wot it all ways be with you. Loff for you and your horsje (or kitty or doge), this it be forever.
    ------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

Willem,

Thanks, as always, for your words of wisdom. We all loff you here and are so glad you are there to help our 'babies' when they must cross the Bridge. Please, if you should see my son Lindy flying by, tell him its ok for the birdies to be at the Bridge too.

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif
    more readers probably have vaginas than have crock pots…

Mod 1
    January 2014

I posted that when I had just read a tiny bit. I read it all and was absolutely CRYING MY EYES OUT.
    <><

I am going to click this post to alert the mods- can you please add this to the favorites?
    <><

Chester's Mom, we haff birdies here also. Like der hen chicken friend I haff, her name it be Stumpy, she haff liffed at our howse until coyote eated her. Lindy he be verrie beautiful!
    ------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willem:
    _Please don't nott to cry! This it be wrong, this it be wrong! Please be _HAPPY_, be happy becose you haff haffed this loff in your life, wot it all ways be with you. Loff for you and your horsje (or kitty or doge), this it be _forever.__ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am crying and smiling...thanks Willem!! I did not know you when you were around, but have learned so much from and about you this past year! If you can give a greeting to my first horse Toetessa (in German, she would understand!!) who went to the Rainbow Bridge a long, long time ago but will never be forgotten, I would be forever grateful! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/sadsmile.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif
    There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered -Nelson Mandela

"You-Take-My-Stubben-Over-My-Dead-Body" Clique!

Willem Thank you for your kind words. I too have tears on my face. Its a good time to remember all of our treasured furry friends.

Punkin,Seb,Erin,Tara and Finn asked that you say hello to their dear mother Vicki who passed to the bridge in June.

Oh Willem! You were special when you were here: you're even more special from the Rainbow Bridge.

You have given all of us who have lost our beloved animal friends the reminder that we should remember them with joy (and maybe a little dampness of the eye) because they love us so much, and we still love them, too.

Thank you for remembering my doggies and kitties. And I hope you've met my redheaded mare with the sexy walk and fabulous tail. I know she'd adore you!

PS: Your mother, Coreene is pretty darn special, too. We loff her!
    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willem:
    Even wenn you haff loss in your life, you haff mannie mannie mannie mannie mannie things wot you can to be thank-ful for.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Once again, Willem speaks the truth. Thank you, Big Red, for putting things in perspective. I shall eat a piece of pumpkin pie just for you. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

Willem, you are beautiful and wise and I love you.

I am sure that my Gipetto was there to greet you at the bridge when you arrived. He left me in 1994 but, just as you say, is still with me all the time. Last night he gave me a rare and special gift. He came to me in a dream. I sat on his back again and we took a long walk though the woods here on the farm in a golden sunset. i felt that huge neck and heard that low nicker once more. I woke feeling so happy that I could hardly contain myself.

Someday, I'll meet you and my Gipetto and many, many other noble friends at the bridge. Until then thank you for visiting with us when you can. You are wonderful!