The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Oh EM GEEEE- does that smartslim ad really say that????

am I reading things or does that smart slim ad on the side REALLY say "commando" friendly cotton lined crotch????

seriously???

the day I ride commando would be the day my horse would chuck me head over heels, I'd land breaking something or many somethings, and have to be medivac'd to the local trama center.... where they would cut my clothes off and the rest of the day the ER staff would smirk.... about the dumbass who went riding "commando"

Ok.. so those who ride commando... FESS UP! or maybe not.... alters are perfectly welcome.
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

I don't go commando, but SP has always been pretty bold about calling it like they see it in their catalog. I think it's hilarious! A sure cure for VPL--no PL to begin with

If they made "control top breeches" I'd be all over those. I am so glad we have no mirrors in our ring now, as it was a sobering moment to watch oneself ride by. Yikes!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I remember days of being a poor college student with no free laundry facilities...

It went... a few days of panties... a few days of bathing suit bottoms.... then nothing!

If I had to choose between a few hours/dollars worth of laundry or time/money spend at the barn the horses always won!

I think the worst was actually a pair of Kerrits riding pants that were baby blue but TOTALLY see-through. A fellow boarder and COTHer finally told me one day that she could see my flowered panties!

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

yes, it does say that...I wasnt going to bring it up, but since you did first....EEWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

EEK! Not something I plan on trying
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Most of the endurance riders I know are pretty open about going "commando" if the topic comes up--when you're going 50 or 100 miles in one go, chafing is a big concern!

So glad I am logged in under my handy dandy "alter" for today

I always go commando and I haven't had any issues. I don't wear white or real light breeches though. Also I wear thicker breeches for the "over 30" thighs. There was an incident years ago when I was leading my horse out of his paddock wearing too big sweats, well, I got to walking quickly and walked them off. Mooned the whole dang barn.

yeah so not for me, i love my underwear to much, on a different note i use to work with a girl who would mention randomly that she went commando all the time...all the time, and i was always kinda disturbed since that ment in changing rooms to for trying things on...i only know this since the tack and boot store we worked in sells clothes to...and she would sometimes try to wear things to small...ick ick ick

In the winter, I don't see the point in wearing both long underwear and regular underwear. So I don't. If I'm in an accident, there's enough layers to go through as it is LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jengersnap View Post
    In the winter, I don't see the point in wearing both long underwear and regular underwear. So I don't. If I'm in an accident, there's enough layers to go through as it is LOL
    Guess I'm of the opinion that I need all the layers I can get in the cold!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Well, it was right here on the COTH BB that certain people ASKED Smart Pak to modify the SmartSlim for going Commando.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...do#post4045219

I was one of the people who expected to be able to go "commando" under these beauties. While I did not end up miserable, I did have an occurrence of the "inverness problem" for those in the know. I really wanted to get rid of the damn panty lines with my white show breeches!

Spoke with Smartpak and VOILA! They are thinking about putting a cotton crotch in the next generation. Can you imagine a company that cares about the comfort of their customers in the, uh, saddle area?

Smartpak ROCKS!!!
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

wow.. janet... that was.. *ahem* eye opening.. and a good list of who NOT to ride behind in two point.
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

Wait, that was ME who begged for the cotton crotch! Nothing EWWWW about it. I don't go commando generally, but with the SmartSlims, it seemed really stupid to wear underwear underneath them, especially showing in the summer when you really don't need extra layers OR a visible panty line in white breeches.

Do ya'll wear underwear under control-top pantihose with a cotton crotch? Really, I don't know anyone who does. But, the important point is: with the new cotton crotch material, you can wear your panties underneath, or NOT. It's your choice. Free country and all that.

Don't get your silly panties in a twist over a nice added feature! It's not as EWWWW-y as wearing dental floss like some of you young-uns do.
    \"I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.\"--Pogo

"Don't get your silly panties in a twist over a nice added feature! It's not as EWWWW-y as wearing dental floss like some of you young-uns do. "

Thanks Mary! After reading that I need to clean my keyboard Totally agree by the way.
    "It's not a mistake if you knew what you were doing was wrong."

Oh yeah, I'd go commando while riding before wearing a THONG. I don't want to walk around looking like a dog with pin worms all day, scratching at my butt to get that string outta there! Wedgies on purpose for the sexy factor on a date is one thing...while riding? Ha ha, no.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mary in Area 1 View Post
    Do ya'll wear underwear under control-top pantihose with a cotton crotch? Really, I don't know anyone who does. But, the important point is: with the new cotton crotch material, you can wear your panties underneath, or NOT. It's your choice. Free country and all that.
    LMAO! I am NOT shy about going commando, but never, ever under pantyhose. Count me as your one person who does not!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Oh yeah, I'd go commando while riding before wearing a THONG. I don't want to walk around looking like a dog with pin worms all day, scratching at my butt to get that string outta there! Wedgies on purpose for the sexy factor on a date is one thing...while riding? Ha ha, no.
    I have ridden once in a thong. I always found them comfortable, but not while riding... That thing went places no piece of clothing should ever go AND it HURT!!!!!
    I dont own any anymore. If I cant wear it riding, I really dont need it!
    *Paige*
    ~*It's not about the ribbons, but about the ride behind it"
    R.I.P. Teddy O'Connor

Quote Originally Posted by Mary in Area 1 View Post
    Do ya'll wear underwear under control-top pantihose with a cotton crotch?
    Maybe all y'all don't, but it so happens I do.

Really, I don't know anyone who does.
    But what this inquiring mind wants to know is, how to you know you don't know anyone who does??

Love the way you said it The Jenners! Being someone whose breeches got snagged at the seam on a branch--one chance in a million!!--while out hunting no less--I would never go commando. And I make sure I wear a prettier pair of knickers, too.....!!

Gee now in XL, thanks.....
    FMO:OMG I almost put my eye out hunting clique.