The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horses and Hockey

Now that hockey is in full swing, I have to really think about how I use my time... the barn? or the Caps game? Does anyone else have this hockey problem?

If you're a Penguins fan, don't bother to comment. We don't like you here in DC...
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

http://showertimecontemplations.blogspot.com/

HAHA!!

When we first moved here we had season tickets to the Caps. They were on the glass...very cool! (Had to do SOMETHING to make us feel better about having to give up our Sharks tickets to come back east!) You can't pay me enough to go sit through a baseball game...but hockey, now THAT is addicting.

Our oldest son played Tier One and AA level here in Va. -- and our youngest is now on the NOVA Cool Cats (special hockey -- they practice at Kettler, which is the Caps practice facility. His coach is a Pens fan!!!! BUT -- we did see Mario at a game in Ashburn recently. He was there with his son's team -- and our guys had their pix taken with him. That was very cool for them)

Okay -- off now to find some Caps tickets!
    Cold Spring Farm
    German and Arabian-related GOV sporthorses

https://www.facebook.com/groups/426884770673419/

Hey -- I just checked out your foodie blog.

You know, the Ace of Cakes guy is a former goalie! He is going to make a cake for and come tape an episode of his show at the 6th Annual Disabled Hockey Festival Tournament in Laurel in April.

We need some volunteers for the tournament -- (hint hint) and who knows, you might even be able to meet cake guy!
    Cold Spring Farm
    German and Arabian-related GOV sporthorses

https://www.facebook.com/groups/426884770673419/

I am pretty good at getting to the barn and getting home again before a 7 pm puck drop for the Sabres. If I have tickets to the game, I'll definitely go rather than ride. It's cold out, and I love my Sabres. d;

Default Hockey & horses

Go Sabres!
    (then the Caps, the Blackhawks & the Pens, in that order!)

I was one of the crew not freaking out when the Hockey Game
    ran over & the horse special was postponed---can anyone remember
    the Teams or the Special?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normally I LOVE hockey season because my hubby is a diehard LA Kings fan, and this is one time of year he doesn't notice me gone at the barn so much

Except this year the Kings are actually playing well, so now he's all interested in having me watch his cracker jack team. This would normally be a problem, but I've been pretty sick the past few weeks, so they've been helping me keep my mind off missing so much horse time. Its a win-win right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Spring Farm View Post
    Hey -- I just checked out your foodie blog.

You know, the Ace of Cakes guy is a former goalie! He is going to make a cake for and come tape an episode of his show at the 6th Annual Disabled Hockey Festival Tournament in Laurel in April.

We need some volunteers for the tournament -- (hint hint) and who knows, you might even be able to meet cake guy!
    Haha, thanks for checking it out! I didn't know he was a goalie... maybe that explains his Bruin's jersey. (However I do NOT approve.) I would love to meet him and the tournament sounds like a really cool thing. PM with details??
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

http://showertimecontemplations.blogspot.com/

Default Go Habs Go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by awm View Post
    Go Sabres!
    (then the Caps, the Blackhawks & the Pens, in that order!)

I was one of the crew not freaking out when the Hockey Game
    ran over & the horse special was postponed---can anyone remember
    the Teams or the Special?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was the playoffs and Rolex. I wasn't upset either.

The Habs played two matinees this weekend.....my rides were cut short.
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

Not a hockey fan, and boy was I upset when Rolex didn't come on. I had friends over, wine open, dips ready, no husbands around and we watched... HOCKEY???? I was over it until you reminded me
    Do not toy with the dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!