The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Two questions about Zack (Zagreb)

Is Blu Hors Zack (Zagreb) approved KWPN? I know he won the KWPN stallion show, but I can't find his listing (under either name) on the KWPN site as an approved stallion.
    Has anybody used his frozen and if so, how did it go?
    I've asked around, but so far haven't gotten replies on this.
    Thanks in advance.

I just took a look at the Blue Hors site to ensure I was correct, but yes he is approved with the KWPN. He is also approved with Danish Warmblood, Swedish Warmblood and Oldenburg.
    Proud Momma:

Imax - Fresstyle x Juventus x Rubinstein
    2014 - Sister to IMAX (hopefully)

i am pretty sure he is not approved - but I think he is with an erkend studbook so the foals out of KWPN mares get Register A papers.

here is a list of the kwpn approved sons of rousseau

http://hengsten.kwpn.nl/openbaar/abo...nr=H0000007773

Thanks Meghan.
    Anybody have experience with Zack and frozen?

Interesting that Blue Hors would list him as KWPN approved on their website if he in fact isn't. I understand the whole Reg. A thing, we've registered several foals that way now. But, I haven't seen a stallion stallion advertise KWPN approval on a Reg. A qualified stallion before. I've seen lots of stallions advertised as Reg. A approved.....
    Proud Momma:

Imax - Fresstyle x Juventus x Rubinstein
    2014 - Sister to IMAX (hopefully)

Not 100% sure but he was sold at the select sale, and qualified for Ermelo but is there not some ruling that if they go through the testing in Ermelo and become approved KWPN stallions they have to remain in Holland for a period of time? Could this be why he did not go through the stallion testing and instead went to Denmark and was tested there?

I don't know if he went through the testing at all. I tend to think he went straight to Denmark. I can live with Erkend status. What I really want to know now is if his frozen semen has been used, and the results of that.

He didn’t do the testing at Ermelo - went right to Denmark. They actually have on their site "Blue Hors Zack is approved in Denmark, Sweden, KWPN and Oldenburg" they don’t say he is an Approved KWPN stallion - so technically what they have on the site is true - he is approved for breeding - but what they are saying is the foals will be Register A. Register A is really fine & if Zack has met all the KWPN requirements - i.e. stallion test, passed x-rays, endoscopic exam & semen test then the register A offspring could move right into the studbook when presented as three yr old. If he hasn’t met all of the requirements then the offspring have to do the tests that he didn’t do. For some reason I don’t think he has gone to a stallion test & if this is the case his offspring will have to pass an IBOP to move to the studbook.