The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cross Training

Hey
    I'm in university full time and have been having trouble finding time to do my usual amount of riding. Lately, it's been more like ride my own horse around five days a week, with three rides on a different horse a week as well. But the next three weeks are going to be crazzzzy for me with labs and midterms (and dodgeball tournaments, gonna be honest here) and for instance this week I have only been able to ride my horse three times and that will likely be it, with next week coming in around the same (I'll ride the other guy on weekends only for the next three weeks.)

Do any of you have any good exercises I could do at the on-campus gym that might help to keep me in form during the layoff?
    "Disapproval of the way other people run their businesses and treat their horses is the meat and drink of the hunter-jumper industry."
    Working Student Blog
    Current Blog

Does your gym have a wobble board or exercise ball? I find exercises that challenge my balance are helpful to my riding --
    "I never mind if an adult uses safety stirrups." GM