The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Holy crap! COTH its been a long time!

Jumped on here today and it's been sooo long! Same old "deep" topics. (sorry for the pun) lol

With dressage kicking my butt for several years now, I've finally learned a thing or two... FINALLY!

We moved to a place in Louisiana that has NO shows and NO trainers within reasonable distance *sigh*, so I'll probably be on here with questions since I am using this time to actually sit back and work on perfecting what I've learned over the years.

Nice to be back

Hey maybe ya'll could give me video lessons or sumthin

Hmmm? Maybe not , but some help during our possible 4 year duration would be FANTASTIC!

Nomi

Hey, how are yiour horses!!

Good thanks for asking!

I only kept the one for the move and he is settling in nicely. My horses have never been pastured and he love it! Helps keep level of energy in check it seems.

I am new to this grass thing lol

Welcome back to COTH and to our good (if currently soggy) state! What part are you calling home??
    Terri Chabaud
    Zydeco Farm/Zydeco Sport Horses
    http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/ZydecoFarm/

Default Holy crap! COTH its been a long time!

That is has. Why, hello, NOMIOMIOMIO. Its been a while.
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Hi another, Slc, so nice to see ya again

Well we moved to Fort polk (leesville) area, and sadly, its like western horse, pet horse capital of the planet lol

But at least I have a nice arena to ride in and plenty of turn out for the big man

You must feel isolated! Here's a possibilty. You are about 4 hours from Folsom. We have a nice little dressage community here. If you can haul, there are schooling shows most months and we have several recognized shows two of which have separate shows on Saturday and Sunday--one of those also offers breed show classes.

If you are willing to drive for clinicians we have a few who come to this area regularly including Leif Sorenson from Denmark and Seth Boschman from the Netherlands. Loma Fowler and Heather Blitz come with regularity and Linda Strine is here occassionally. Jodie Kelly clinics in Lafayette which would be closer to you, but that schedule depends on her show schedule--she's in Wellington for the winter and probably won't be back here until May. SEDA (Southern Eventing and Dressage Association) is planning a musical freestyle clinic in April. Check out sedariders.org for info.

I'll have horses at the next schooling show which is the last weekend of this month. Why don't you come down and meet the local folks?
    Terri Chabaud
    Zydeco Farm/Zydeco Sport Horses
    http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/ZydecoFarm/

Awesome thanks!

Its a bit far, and we need to get settled, but thanks for the info. I think there are some that are closer that we will try first.

I look at the site for sure