The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default What's the turnout been like for the Woodedge schooling shows at the Dream Park?

What's the turnout been like for the Woodedge schooling shows at the Dream Park? Anyone know?

Thinking about taking a baby green to the February 13/14 show but I am feeling a bit apprehensive. Last time I went to a schooling show at the Dream Park, it was a CLJ show and the turnout was awful I hate to plan for a show and get there and find out no one else is there. Any feedback on how the Woodedge series has been in terms of attendance?

TIA.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Well, it's just too cold for me this winter to bother trying to show until later feb/march but i remember last winter I was gung ho and carried my butt out into the cold. I went to a show on feb 14 (not woodedge or dream park) and the turnout was much lower in comparison to the other shows in the same series (i only did a specific show series over the winter, because it was close to the barn. all of the shows got high turnout except for that one) .. perhaps it is because it is V-day? i know my trainer was somewhat uninterested in going because he had dinner plans with the wife and my classes ended up going a lot later than planned and he ended up having a very late dinner (i wish he'd told me BEFORE the show because otherwise i'd say okay we wont go!)

i know my current trainer is NOT interested in going out on any holidays for a horse show! i cant blame her. especially with how cold it is.

so if youve got classes in the morning/early afternoon, turnout will probably not be affected by the date.

sorry this doesnt really have to do with dreampark or woodedge. i dont really know what kind of turnout theyve been getting, but check usef.org and search their most recent show results and see how many riders the divisions are getting..
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

Thanks superpony, I had forgotten to factor in the holiday too.

I believe these specific Dream Park shows are unrated so would they be on USEF.org? I didn't think so.
    ~Veronica

No info on the shows. But how is the new boy doing? I think you should take him just so you can post some pictures after!

Thanks for asking, he is doing SUPER. He needs to start go doing the baby greens so that when Devon comes around, he's seen enough of the world to be relaxed in the YHUS. I am very excited about him-- he's been a real superstar and coming along very quickly. You should see him!
    ~Veronica

Well, some pictures would be nice. I will definitely put watching YHUS at Devon on my calendar. Let me know if you are bringing him out to any of the shows held at Radnor, I'll pop over and watch.

Turnout last show was pretty decent on Saturday, especially considering the snow that parts of south Jersey received. Hard to predict based on weather.

Remember, there is schooling both Friday night and Saturday night for 25 dollars if you want to get out and jump around first.

And for what it is worth, the Woodedge Show at the NJ Horse Park for Feb 6 & 7 has been cancelled due to the weather forcast.

Thank you for the update CAH. We've decided that the little man is going to go do the baby greens 2/13. If turnout is light, oh well-- at least he got out. He hasn't shown since last summer and needs to start getting worldly again

I don't have any videos but today a barn mate rode him in a dressage lesson. This is the first time he's really been asked to carry himself that way, and he was happily willing to do it...

http://www.youtube.com/user/vxf111#p/u/0/iDLdiPMPvgM

http://www.youtube.com/user/vxf111#p/u/0/iDLdiPMPvgM

But... I think his heart is in the jumps
    ~Veronica

Default Woodedge @ the DreamPark

Woodedge @ the DreamPark shows have been a success. I also attended the CJL schooling shows at the DreamPark last year and they didn't compare in quality or turnout to the Woodedge shows held there. There have been two Woodedge Winter series shows at the DreamPark. The first one was really nice and all the classes filled although the turnout was a not large. The second show was MOBBED! HUGE turnout. It was really nice, heated indoor and good quality show as Woodedge ususally provides.

siobhain, that's very encouraging. I am hoping for a good turnout. Mobbed would be awesome! I am trying to get Frankie "exposed" before Devon... so the more horses in the ring and the more going on-- the better. I've always enjoyed the Woodedge shows @ Woodedge and the Horse Park. Good to hear the quality is as good at the Dream Park. Now I am really excited about the show.
    ~Veronica

Default show cancled :(

vxf111 darn this weather! as i'm sure you know the Woodedge show was cancled at the DreamPark due to the weather. I was looking forward to the show as well.

Oh-well...Best of luck with your horse.