The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Amor Reto - where is he now?

no longer listed anywhere I can find
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Hanoverian?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky Boy View Post
    Hanoverian?
    winner of 1996 test

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Smile

I thought I recognized the name. I don't know a lot about the HAN breeding but I use to keep my horses at Reto Engler's barn in MD way back when. I even rode a few of the babies for him. Akuna was a favorite of mine. Good memories. Atmon was a really cool stallion.

Gosh, I bred to him in 1997 and stayed in touch with his owners, Bill and Andrea Huber for years, but lost track of them in 2007. I'll try and reach them and see what Amor Reto is up to these days.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

?

I sent emails to the two email addresses I had for Bill Huber. Haven't heard anything back. I'll go dig up their phone number and try reaching them the old fashioned way!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

cool

He supposedly is 15 and alive and well, but retired from competition and is at Legacy Farm, Ltd. here in the Cincinnati area and has been since 1997. He is licensed ISR/Oldenburg, not Hanoverian approved although he is Hanoverian born.

Ok, just left a message for them on their machine. Will let you know what's up when I speak with them.

WBLover, have you been out to see their place? I absolutely love it there. Bill designed it and the house is incorporated into the barn and covered arena. It's gorgeous! And I love how when you pull up to it, there are horse's heads sticking out from stalls on both sides of their front door (you enter into a foyer with doors that lead into the stables and a staircase that leads up to their living areas).

I have not been there, Sonesta. I have always wanted to, but don't have an excuse to go (not horse shopping or anything). It's in the next town from me, probably no more than a 20 minute drive!

I was going to look at their youngsters probably 5 years ago, but never made it over there, plus they were priced pretty high for my budget and didn't want to waste their time. Sounds like a nice place! Maybe I'll do a "drive by" sometime!

WBLover, Bill and Andrea are VERY nice. I'm sure if you gave them a call and said you'd like to come see their horses and their fab house/stables, they'd welcome you over!