The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Blundstone Boots sizing & do you love them??

How do these fit .
    I normally wear a 9.5 on all ariat boots ??

Are these comfy??

There is an ongoing thread about the 2 now! Some of the posters have said that Ariat has a better insole. I agree. Blundstone is more flat w/ not much arch support. They are very comfortable and will last forever. Mine finally fell apart after 9 yrs-sole disentagrated. They do run wider than lace up Ariats. I wore 8.5 and got an 8. Try them on to make sure-they are the best!

Default blundstones last FOREVER

BUT they are hard to find, anyone know a good place?

I actually bought mine at a regular shoe store in the city. I don't know where you are, but here's the store: http://www.benjaminlovell.com/

I loved my ariats and still have a pair, but I decided to give the blundstones a try. They are AWESOME! I have a nasty bone spur on the side of my foot.. I barely notice it with the Blunnies. Mine did come with an extra insole with arch support. I wasnt sure I'd like the looser fit as I like my paddocks snug. They are super comfy and quite warm with a good pair of thermal socks. They have a thicker sole too.
    Love and Laughter - 2005 TB Mare - Boss Mare
    Foxfire Lacey - 2007 Half Welsh Superstar
    New Sensation - 1986- 2014 Love you to the moon and back

Default blundstone lace up?

Anyone know where to find the Blundstone Lace Up's?

I have had mine about 10 years. I hate to give them up, but they should really be retired

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

I USED to love Blundstones and swore I'd never buy another pair of riding boots... they rocked that much 10 years ago. But then they changed them (made them wider with cheaper leather and stiffer outsoles) and now I will never buy them again.

I bought a pair of Treadsteps and haven't looked back.
    Dreaming in Color

I had two pairs, actually bought them when living in Australia so they were cheaper than getting them in the US and I refused to pay the US price. They were sooo comfy, wore great.....but the soles dry rotted off one pair within a few months. The other pair lasted about a year or so but then that sole cracked off too. If I was going to pay the going US price for these, I want them to last wayyyy longer than a year!

I expected to love my Blunnies, and I tried, but alas, I did not.

I did like leather and smooth design. They were easy and inviting to care for. But those granola-tofu-eating sissies provided no support.

And that's says a lot. My feet never hurt or feel tired... except after a day in my Blunnies.

I couldn't believe it, so I kept wearing them with the same sad results.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by bluedapple View Post
    Anyone know where to find the Blundstone Lace Up's?

I have had mine about 10 years. I hate to give them up, but they should really be retired
    It's my understanding that the lace ups were discontinued. I have one pair left, unopened, in a box. It will be a sad day when I have to break them out...

DH has had a pair for the last three years and wears them almost daily, not for the barn but for "regular" wear. He loves them more than any other shoes. I got myself a pair recently, to wear as casual shoes, not for the barn, and they took a little while to break in- but I'm starting to really dig on them For what it's worth, DH has the regular, round toe pair and I have the squarer toe model.

I get them when they have there annual sale in July. I love them. Always owned them and wouldn't choose a different boot. Had ariat boots and they fell apart too quickly. My kids have had them from size 6 all they way up to adults. This is the link as to who sells the boots in america. My girlfriend bought 2 pair for her daughter who absolutely loves them. They sometimes run sales. Good luck http://www.sugarriveroutfitters.com/

Ariats are utter crap but have squooshy, comfy insoles. You can buy insoles, from $10 Dr. Scholl's gel ones at the drugstore, or $20 for the Ariat replacement ones all the way up to the pricey "Super Feet" ones at hiking type stores.

I haven't had any of the sole or leather issues with newer Blundstones.

Zappos is always good. http://www.zappos.com/womens-blundstone

The Blundstone 500/510 and the 060 series are stirrup friendly.

Love/love Blunnies! If you have your horses at home, there's no better footwear. The year "round comfort of the pull ons can't be beat. You will get spoiled by the pull on/kick off convieniece too.

If you've not bought them before, I think you should try them on before you buy. The fit is so different you should try on a couple of sizes to find the one that you like best.

Quote Originally Posted by citydog View Post
    Ariats are utter crap but have squooshy, comfy insoles. You can buy insoles, from $10 Dr. Scholl's gel ones at the drugstore, or $20 for the Ariat replacement ones all the way up to the pricey "Super Feet" ones at hiking type stores.

I haven't had any of the sole or leather issues with newer Blundstones.

Zappos is always good. http://www.zappos.com/womens-blundstone

The Blundstone 500/510 and the 060 series are stirrup friendly.
    See, now, I find it interesting that so many people have very differeing views! I Love my Ariats for the look of them, but they KILLED my feet. I can wear my Blunnies all day and not a single ache!
    Love and Laughter - 2005 TB Mare - Boss Mare
    Foxfire Lacey - 2007 Half Welsh Superstar
    New Sensation - 1986- 2014 Love you to the moon and back

My husband and I both bought lace-up Blunnies about 10 years ago, but the fit's not great for people with narrow feet -- we both had to lace our boots as tightly as they'd go, but I found that mine were still pretty slippy. DH loves his still, though, and had them resoled with Vibram last year when the old soles wore out. I had to retire mine when the uppers wore through.

Quote Originally Posted by LivviesMom View Post
    See, now, I find it interesting that so many people have very differeing views! I Love my Ariats for the look of them, but they KILLED my feet. I can wear my Blunnies all day and not a single ache!
    I meant that Ariats stick a squooshy insole in a crappy boot, so for many people they feel comfy at first. I think Blunnies are far comfier than any Ariat, *and* if you want extra squoosh (or if you are between sizes) you can stick in a gel innersole like the Ariats use.