The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Oh Willem, someone just posted on UDBB that you are not feeling well. Do what Coreene and the doctor say and get well soon.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused." --Elvis Costello
    **charter member Alligator Arms Clique**

coreene and willem~
    our prayers, thoughts and jingles are w/ you.
    coreene - stay strong and positive.
    willem - GET BETTER QUICKLEY!
    ((((hugs)))

marta & kipper

"It appears we are being transformed from an information
    society to an informant society." Rep. Dennis Kucinich
    http://www.eponashoe.com/
    TQ(Trail Queen) \"Learn How to Ride or Move Over!!\" Clique

jingle # 232,120

Come on Willem!!!!!!

In Memory of Remarkable | Save a life. Be an organ donor. | Click Here

Adding my jingles... so sorry you aren't feeling well, Willem. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
    Thank you, it really does suck. I am preparing for the worst while hoping for the best. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

On a totally separate note, I hope you are feeling wonderful - when is your big day? You guys must be so very excited! And Cypress must already be looking forward to her first leadline class with precious cargo. That will be a photo to remember.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm doing great actually....Aug 31 is the due date, but with my luck it will be Aug 1, right after I stop working, and I will be completely unprepared, no doubt. LOL about Cypress as a lead line horse....a little kid would look like a little peanut way up on her back! But she has the disposition to be a leadline horse for sure!

I hope Willem is feeling better today. Is this all a result of the Cushing's disease?

JINGLES!!! and more jingles for Willem! My mother always said, "God won't lead you to it if he can't lead you through it!" So hang in there an have faith!! Much love, Angie

www.equinewellnessmassage.com

I have not been able to check in since early this morning. Is there any more news on OUR boy? Hope all is going well there, for both of you. Lots of love and jingles.

Older is just a state of mind. Where is mine?
    Life is great when you can hug a horse.

Willem & Coreene~ Big major jingles from us here in SC...Hang in there!!!!! Lots of LOFF~ Suz

II===II SUZ II===II
    "KICK ON, AIDEN!" http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    *SC'er's Clique*Group W Bench Clique*
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

KathyR, there's an update from Coreene on page 7, but that's it. Last we heard he was still eating everything in reach, teasing his horsie buddies, and getting mad about his medication, so those are good signs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "I hope one of the fighting mothers-in-law gets bitch slapped with a fresh trout."
    Merry, June 24, 2003
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I just added more jingles on the curb chain page. I'm sending cyber hugs to dear Coreene and cyber karotten to Willem.
    Willem, please get better soon, you are scaring us and your modder who loffs you.

Resident racing historian
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Keeping the curb chain jingling all day and all night. We're all pulling for the best outcome for poor Willem and poor Coreen.

Stay strong. We're all here for you! You can get through this.

Send Willem some smooches for me!

http://community.webshots.com/user/ifihadwords4u

Willem, while I have never responded to your fun posts or met you - please know that you have drawn me out of a career of mostly "lurking" to responding. I know your tootsies hurt, but hang in there, it will get better, and that "stuff" your modder is giving you will help you (after all, she LOFFS you). I have been relaying your situation to my best friend, who is a chestnut Han mare (who also has cushings) and she also sends her jingles. I really think the two of you have much in common and would get along famously http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif.
    We are thinking of you and jingling and sending ancient celtic happy thoughts for you too! Get well soon big boy!

You can't imagine how much you mean to so many.

Ridge, Long Island,NY, USA ~Cowgirl Clique~

Willem....I'm thinking about you sweetie...you've been on my mind for the past few days....I've got a beautiful WESTERN halter that I found with your name written all over it...hang tough kiddo, and I suggest some Toby Keith, singing The Kick @$$ song..that should get you moving !!!!!
    Coreene....we're all behind you !!!!
    I've got the HUGE SILVER WESTERN curb chain out..jingling away !!!

Eileen

"If the world were truly a rational place. men would ride side saddle." Rita Mae Brown

The Long Island Horsemen's Society web page
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/lihs/
    Eileen
    ~~Cowgirl Clique~~ ~~Reriders/AKA Fossils On The Flats Clique~~~

\"Always saddle your own horse.\" Connie Reeves 1901-2003 Member of the Cowgirl Hall Of Fame

many jingles from Texas and Krystl for Willem!
    Qualified Saddle Fitter with the S.M.S.
    www.ravenwoodaussies.com

Well, here I be dick-tating a-gain aber this time wot it be Barney doing der typing. Copper he be schlafen und Rufus he be plastered, und Peanut he don't nott to feel hunnert percent yet aber he alzo haff cutie filly next to him, wot her name it be Lily und they be in loff. Lily she only be two und she be verrie beautiful.

Mein selve I be prettie irritated mit this lame-o-niceness, wot it haff becomed flounder. Lame-o-nicess wot it be wenn you be lame und you haff to try extra hard to be nice becose you be so pissed off you want to rip der head off von every boddie. Flounder wot it be wenn your feets bones they haff problemo und they be floundering a-way in your hoofes.

This whole thing it be wrong. I haff thinked like last wochen wot it beed getting better, und then der feets they haff stinked. Mein modder Coreene (I loff her), she haff sayed it be called "Sinking flounder," aber I haff sayed to her, "Oh mein GOTT in HIMMEL, they be MEIN feets, der feets bones wot they be FLOUNDERING a-round und this it BE STINKING!!!" OMGiH, like I know this better than her.

Und zo this it be up-date. Der flounder wot she call "sinking founder," she say it haff "sinked" prettie far. This it be wrong aber there be nothing wot you can do a-bout this, it all be part von nature when poop happens. Mein Miss Herr Doktor she haff sayed to me to-day, "Willem, I beed thinking that you be verrie bright und alert und be eating und stuff verrie good!" Ja, I haff all ready knowed this. Und she haff feeled mein feets pulses und haff sayed that they beed haffink elevated pulse like wot it be more than yesterday. Und zo I don't nott to know if this "sinking" wot it haff stopped or not.

Und zo I haff taked mannie little breaks wenn I haff layed down for like cinco or ten minutos, und then I get up a-gain. Mein Miss Herr Doktor she haff putted me back on der shots von das Ace, wot it be proof that I be cheap date becose one CC von this it make me like Jerry Garcia. Und zo now mein modder Coreene she haff to giff me der shot in der morgen und in der abend UND ALZO I haff to haff der unholy medikation squirted into mein mouth.

Und tomorrow she start mit der nitroglycerine gel on mein owie feets.

I haff had der honest talk a-bout this mit Coreene und I haff sayed that wenn I don't nott to want to do this no more, like iffen I don't nott to get better, I say to her "This it be der end," und then I get medikation wot it send me to wunnerful place where they don't nott to haff no Cushings und lame-o-niceness und cancer und stuff und things. I haff nice Oma there, wot she be Coreene her grandma, und then I see peoples like Dee Dee a-gain.

Aber I hope this it don't nott to happen yet becose I loff it here und I don't nott to want to go no-where midout ein VERRIE MUY GIGANTO FIGHT.

Der be der part in der movie wot it be "Mommie Dearest" wenn Joan Crawford she look at table mit Pepsi-Cola herr executives und she bark "DON'T NOTT TO EFF MIT ME, FELLAS!" und this I haff telled mein feets.

Und zo I hope they listen. If it be meant to be, they listen to me.

------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.
    ------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

Jingling and sending good thoughts your way, Willem and Correene!

Thanks for the update. Don't give up yet, we're all pulling for you!

A happy face to show the positive thoughts: http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

Don't give up Willem! This board just wouldn't be the same without you!

Lorree

The cats even deigned to allow me to give them curb chain collars so that there'd be jingling every time they walked.

Reality is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom
    "Now, did you really mean that I should half-pass to the right whilst turning on the haunches to the left? Or was that just you farting?"

Oh Willem, I'm jingling for you!

I'd be happy to ship some cinnamon ice cream & green apple sorbet out for you once you get better, but I think after all this, you should insist on an ice cream maker in your stall!

'O lente, lente currite noctis equi' - Ovid
    Unfortunately China is very hard to change ... Unless an enormous whip beats her on the back, it will never change. Such a whip is bound to come, I think. Lu Xun

Oh Willem. Oh Coreene. We loff you. You are in our hearts and prayers. Portia and your Cousin Lucien send you their mucho loff.

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif (that's the closest I can get to a smiling through tears icon)
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry