The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Beginner Safe Pony Wanted

I am looking for a pony for my daughters. I can provide an excellent, knowledgeable home with other horses. References can be provided along with pictures of my little farm and my trainer's farm. My oldest daughter is 6 and in Pony Club and my little one is 2 and will be showing Leadline this year.

I am looking for a pony that can be ridden independently at the w/t and eventually teach canter safely to a small rider and be very tolerant and a confidence builder. My daughter is a good little rider with good hands for her age, I want her to have a pony that she can learn on, be safe on and that they can have fun together.

This pony could potentially be used for therapeutic riding as well if appropriate. If so then this pony would live at a gorgeous therapeutic riding facility in my area and only be used for a few lessons a week plus Pony Club.

The pony can be of any age from 10 (will consider younger for the right pony) to "older then dirt". Any color, any gender, any breed, but must have the right temperament. Serviceably sound ok. Would prefer an old retired show pony who's been there, done that.

I can provide a "forever" home to the right pony. Willing to travel for the right pony, hoping to stay in New England/New York area but may go further for the right pony!
    Free lease or free preferred.
    Thanks for looking!
    Grab mane and kick on!

Hmmm, did you see the Camp Horses thread? Been there, done that, very safe, and who were headed to slaughter. They ARE in the midwest somewhere but still. I think it's in Off Course.