The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default what do ALL the WB registries do

with non warmblood mare's babies when bred to WB stallions? For instance, the ATA will give the baby "half or part" papers, what do the other registries do? Do they all give some sort of "proof of pedigree"? I'm not really asking will they put the foal in their books, just get some sort of papers. Does that make sense? My mare is APHA. Thanks, I'm trying to wrap my head around this stuff.

If the Warmblood stallion is an Approved, Book 1 stallion, "his" registry should issue a "certificate of pedigree". I know RPSI will put the dam in the Pre-Mare Book, put a 1/2 brand on the foal and issue a passport with the foals information. Foal would still be eligible for year end awards and such.

Oldenburg (GOV) has in the past taken good quality sporthorse type QH mares into its lowest mare book, and they may do the same for sport type APHA mares but you might want to contact the FL office to verify. I imagine it would depend on the type of mare. Aren't you the person with the 16.1h Paint jumper mare? That type of mare may be acceptable, while a 15.0h stock horse type mare may not be.

The foals from these mares receive regular registration papers (assuming they are sired by approved stallions). The foals are however not eligible for premium foal awards, and the colts are not eligible for stallion status. Fillies would also be placed in the lowest mare book when presented for breeding approval at age 3 or older, but THEIR daughters by approved stallions would be eligible to move up one book per generation.

For AHS you can get a certificate of pedigree if you breed your mare to a fully approved Hanoverian stallion.

Default thanks guys

Yeah, she is a solid 16.2 jumper type, unfortunately with the injury. From what I am hearing from you is that if I use an approved stallion in whatever registry, then I can at least get a little piece of paper saying the foal is indeed the pedigree that I say it is. That was what I needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by paintjumper View Post
    Yeah, she is a solid 16.2 jumper type, unfortunately with the injury. From what I am hearing from you is that if I use an approved stallion in whatever registry, then I can at least get a little piece of paper saying the foal is indeed the pedigree that I say it is. That was what I needed to know.
    Yes, this is usually the case.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.