The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

I know this got tagged on at the end of the Pan Am thread, but Radnor needs its own thread, donchathink?

I'll be there to help Jenna Schildmier with Tumble Dry, we'll be stabled with Holly Hepp and crew.

I'll be easy to recognize, tall blonde, fat lip with bruised chin (although I'm hoping it will look better in a few more days). If not, I've already discovered it's possible to drink coffee, diet coke, water, and most importantly, beer, through a straw!

I know this got tagged on at the end of the Pan Am thread, but Radnor needs its own thread, donchathink?

I'll be there to help Jenna Schildmier with Tumble Dry, we'll be stabled with Holly Hepp and crew.

I'll be easy to recognize, tall blonde, fat lip with bruised chin (although I'm hoping it will look better in a few more days). If not, I've already discovered it's possible to drink coffee, diet coke, water, and most importantly, beer, through a straw!

I'll be there helping Garry Roque with Marmara and My Romance (aka 'Lips'). I'm hoping (reallyl, really hoping!) that it is drier this year than last. I'm not sure where we'll be stabled, but I'll look you up LAZ - we can have a beer together and you can tell me how you got your fat lip!

Note to Fred - I'll post or email you when we get back and tell you how Lips did. He looks great by the way - ready to rock and roll on the cross country. (Although, I think he'd rather skip the boring, horrid dressage phase if he had his way.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Janette:
    I'll be there helping Garry Roque with Marmara and My Romance (aka 'Lips'). I'm hoping (reallyl, really hoping!) that it is drier this year than last. I'm not sure where we'll be stabled, but I'll look you up LAZ - we can have a beer together and you can tell me how you got your fat lip!

Note to Fred - I'll post or email you when we get back and tell you how Lips did. He looks great by the way - ready to rock and roll on the cross country. (Although, I think he'd rather skip the boring, horrid dressage phase if he had his way.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Janette,

I'm so sad I won't be there this year. It was fun meeting you last year, despite the weather. I still don't feel 100% dry. Do you?

I can't wait to hear how Lips goes: it's just killing me that I cannot watch it firsthand. I do hope his flatwork will be given proper attention over the winter - particularly if he's going to move up to Advanced next Spring. Will he go to Florida this winter?

How is your young stallion?

Eat waffles and omelettes and think of me!

Robby

Take me to the river, drop me in the water
    http://community.webshots.com/user/rbjohnsonii
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

LAZ... have a wonderful time and wish Jenna and Obie the best of luck for me!! ... and check your email. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

If Dressage is a Symphony... Eventing is Rock & Roll!!!

"All's well that ends with cute E.R. doctors, I always say." -- Buffy
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

No Robby, I still don't feel dry....you should see the raincoats, rubber boots, sweatshirts etc that I've packed. I had so much stuff, I sent it in the horse trailer as I'm sure it won't fit in the car. I'll be driving down tomorrow and I'm watching the weather forecast like a hawk.....sadly, it looks like rain on Friday.

It's too bad you won't be there, as it would have been fun to visit in the sunshine, sitting around eating waffles and drinking cocktails....oh well, maybe next year.

Lips is doing much better at the dressage. However, as is the case with many horses, there are ups and downs until it is really confirmed at the level he needs to be going. When he's on though, he looks great. When he's arguing, well, let's just say the entertainment value is high, what with the antics and all.

My guy did his first prelims this year and was really good. Checkmate was his last one and it was a huge course (so big, I refused to go look at it and was horrified when I saw the pictures...my poor baby!). Forrest just had one greenie run out at a tough combination. However, he pulled a back shoe somewhere on course and really bashed his foot up. That was Sept. 6th and we're still poulticing, soaking etc as he's still not sound. Hopefully, once Radnor and Fairhill are over and I have time to ride, I'll have a sound horse to ride.

Again, I wish you were coming, but I'll fill you in with all the scoop when I'm back.

Janette

I can't wait to hear about it Janette and remember, last year no rain was predicted!!! So maybe that means this year it'll be beautiful!

Robby

Take me to the river, drop me in the water
    http://community.webshots.com/user/rbjohnsonii
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Would be so happy if someone could report back, especially on my friend Jill Mooney in the CCI**. I wanted to be there so badly to help her but am here at home trying to prepare for the CCI* in Kentucky! Drat the schedule, anyway. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

I am being coaxed by the new man in my life to go up there and watch Xc this weekend while he is working. Sooo I am about a 60% chance of going now. Looking better by the day.

Soo I am up for a whole bunch of Omelettes and waffles!! And don't forget the shopping!!!

~Em

Ps: I can also do a quick write up from the show and might be able to snag some digital pics as well if that helps everyone.

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious never truly live at all"
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Oooooh Emily, please listen to your SO and go to Radnor! And yes, please, one of your excellent write-ups. Pics would just be icing on the cake. (Don't forget to check on my buddy Jill Mooney. She's so cool.)

3dazey- I'm Jill's slave for the rest of the week http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif I fly up with her entourage tomorrow. She and Monet will be a very spoiled team as I am also the massage therapist. Will have video camera in hand too.

Margaret/Maple Shade Farm
    www.mapleshadefarm.net

I'd be happy to report, but I won't have internet access while I'm there. If someone wants to email me a phone # I can call with results and they can post them!

YAY MAPLE SHADE!!! One can never have too many massage therapists! If you see this before you go, PLEASE tell Jill that Dana sends her love and we will be thinking of her every day. Best wishes for a great trip and a lovely week.

3dazey- sure thing. If you mail me privaetly by 11:00 I'll send you my cell # so you can call for updates anytime.

www.mapleshadefarm.net

I will be there, holding Spots hand while her pony goes around. Also helping a young rider and generally cheering for everyone. I look forward to seeing Lips in the flesh. I have a Sir Ivor and would love to have another. I am wondering if dressage antics will be similar.

Thanks Janette, and give Lips a big hug and kiss from me - and best wishes for a safe trip for my little boy!
    For those who don't know Lips, aka My Romance, is a 6 year old FULL TB http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif A Fine Romance baby, who I bottle raised when his mommy rejected him.
    A couple of weeks ago, at Intermediate at Glen Oro, he came SECOND, with another A Fine Romance baby (not bred by me) coming third at her first outing at Intermediate. This is 'Romancing' , a 7 yr old - from AFR's first crop - ridden by Penny Rowland. Does anyone know if Romancing/Abby is going? Romancing is 3/4 Tb 1/4 Trak.

anyone going with a video camera.. would it be possible to get anything of Lips going XC or stadium?

does anyone know the results from day one?

Fred,

I can try to get some video of your boy if time permits.

I can transfer it to VHS once I get home and send it to you.

No promises, but I'll try!

Eventing Etc. has a brief article and pics from Wed. http://www.eventingetc.com/report_radnor_2003.htm

NOthing on the official site yet. Heard they held lots of horses during the jog. With ~120 horses it took almost 2 hours.

If any of you going and reporting back could check out Anne Kaufman on Jamacian Blue for me I would appreciate it. I audited a clinic she rode in last week and fell in love with her horse. Nice girl too!!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons--For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!!