The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WHERE DO YOU SHOW IN JULY?

We are working on the schedule for this year and want to do something different this July. We have been doing HSBB for the full three weeks and really liked it but want to go someplace else this year. Since we have several new riders moving up to the A-AA shows we don't want to overwhelm them with expenses. Where do you like to go in the central part of the country for 2 weeks in july?

Have you tried doing a show search on USEF?

In July I know there are 2 weeks at Ledges (IL). www.showplaceproductions.com

Is there anything happening at KY Horse Park?
    Last edited by Giddy-up; Jan. 27, 2010 at 01:00 PM.
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

We want to find more of a fun destination show. What is Circle City like? We take everything from Grand Prix to ponies. Kentucky and Brownland are pretty hot and humid in July. Colorado is a little too far as is Vermont.

What about Horse Shows by the Bay in Michigan? I know a lot of people who have gone and really enjoyed it.

HSBB is Horse Shows By the Bay

I have heard Circle City is in a less than desirable location.

Try Traders Point Hunt Charity in Zion, usually the end of July. Zion is a cute, quiet town. You're not gonna find the fun family entertainment you have in Traverse City, but it is nice and quaint in Zion. Plus, the show itself is on a gorgeous private property, tons of grass.

Could also consider Chagrin Valley, but it just seems to get smaller and smaller every year Chagrin is gorgeous, and I'm sure there's stuff to do in the surrounding areas, but I've really never made it beyond the strip malls.

If you have lots of family that are tagging along (thinking of husbands and brothers) than nothing beats Traverse City for keeping them happy - in the midwest at least.

As a youngin' in Oklahoma we used to escape to the Colorado Summer Circuits - can do all sorts of fun things on the days off there. Weather is grand!
    ExchangeHunterJumper.com
    Quality hunter, jumper, pony & equitation sale horses available worldwide, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by dags View Post
    HSBB is Horse Shows By the Bay
    Oops, sorry, glossed right over that!

for Circle City - http://cce500.org/

The website for Traders isn't working (or at least not for me). I believe that show is the 2nd weekend in August?

Equifest is at Lamplight (IL) the end of July & into August (2 weeks of shows) if you are flexible for dates.

I'd keep an eye out for the new horse shows that are going to be held at
    the Lake Geneva Equestrian Center in Wisconsin. The facility is being compared to the likes of WEF and HSBB. Not sure of the dates yet, just that
    Pat Boyle who ran the Lamplight Shows has parted ways with that entity and
    will be running the new shows at Lake Geneva. It is a fun resort area with
    lots to do for the non-horsey family memebers that come along.

I second Chagrin Falls, OH. Supposedly there are new sponsors this year and it will be bigger and better.
    Quicksilver Farms, LLC
    "Welsh Hunter Ponies"
    Welsh Sec. B Stallions and
    Fancy Show Pony Prospects
    www.quicksilverponies.com

We have Lake Geneva on our list for May and can't wait. I didn't know about Pat Boyle, that is interesting. I will look into Ohio for July. Colorado would be fun but so much of the budget goes into getting there and back. If Lake Geneva can get more dates we would be there.

Not sure where you are driving from, and the shows aren't in July, but for user friendly A shows that have a lot of classess for first time clients The Midstates shows in Mason City IA can't be beat and Tim Hott is running a string of AA shows in DesMoines IA area that are pretty awesome. His facility is brand new and quite nice.

www.midstateshorseshows.com
    http://www.maffittlakeequestriancent...d=48&Itemid=53

We are doing Maffit Lake in Aug and fall. We really enjoyed it there last fall and all of us want to go back. Our only hole is July to replace HSBB. We are in south east Wi. It is nice to travel and compete against different horses, meet new people.

Don't know if it's too far, but the GO show and Go preview are fun in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeAbout View Post
    I'd keep an eye out for the new horse shows that are going to be held at
    the Lake Geneva Equestrian Center in Wisconsin. The facility is being compared to the likes of WEF and HSBB. Not sure of the dates yet, just that
    Pat Boyle who ran the Lamplight Shows has parted ways with that entity and
    will be running the new shows at Lake Geneva. It is a fun resort area with
    lots to do for the non-horsey family memebers that come along.
    While I agree the new facility in Lake Geneva is going to offer another location, I would hold off on assuming that Showplace Productions is going to be moving their shows there.

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy-up View Post
    While I agree the new facility in Lake Geneva is going to offer another location, I would hold off on assuming that Showplace Productions is going to be moving their shows there.

Here is an update on what is supposedly happening. The Lake Geneva facility will not be ready for this coming show season so
    Showplace Productions will be having all their scheduled shows at Ledges this year and THEN moving their Lamplight dates to the Lake Geneva facility. As Ledges can only stable about 400 horses tops I think its fair to say that some of you may be looking for other places to try out this coming season. I've mentioned a few viable options. See ya all at the horse shows!

Not a big show but definitely our favorite: Blowng Rock! Last week end July, first of August, cant beat the temperature!!!or hospitality!!!