The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Arrow Where can I find list of USEF Judges & apprentice Judges?

I am looking for judges for our spring/summer schooling show series being held in Goshen NY. I know apprentice judges have to do a certain number schooling shows and am wondering how I can find names and contact info in my area? As well as a list of Judges in my area. Our judge for upcoming Feb show date just canceled so really needs some names and contact info ASAP!

Thanks everyone!

Go to the USEF web site, and click on Officials and education, then Licensed Officials, then Online Licensed Officials Search (you will need to log in with your USEF number)
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

You can ask USEF to send you an officials roster - which for some reason I got last year w/o asking for it.

I know in my area when I am hiring judges there are some judges that will not judge close to home - so be aware of that.

Also -NOTE TO JUDGES: If someone calls you to ask about judging a show PLEASE have the courtesy to call them back even if you have no interest in judging a show -just return the call and let the person know... it is the decent thing to do. I also maintain a list of judges we don't, and judges I will never call again

I will ALWAYS return such calls as soon as I get the messages.

On the flip side of that is returning calls from shows...never to hear back again. Do I hold the date? Take another engagement? Hard to know...I do appreciate a confirmation one way or another.

(I would not want to be a no-show if I was expected to officiate).

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thank you all for the quick response! I found the list on USEF.

PTP

Quote Originally Posted by M. O'Connor View Post
    I will ALWAYS return such calls as soon as I get the messages.

On the flip side of that is returning calls from shows...never to hear back again. Do I hold the date? Take another engagement? Hard to know...I do appreciate a confirmation one way or another.

(I would not want to be a no-show if I was expected to officiate).
    I agree with you. I always call back no matter if I can or can't take the date. It is a courtesy that goes a long way...

I had an incident much like the above; I got hired for a date months in advance and never heard back from my contact again. The week before the show, I checked in with the horse show and they said yes, we are expecting you on that weekend. I arrive and the other judge was a no-show. Apparently the show person that hired me also hired the other official and never confirmed with her so she never came to judge. It ended up that I judged both rings that day; the entries were light enough and exhibitors flexible that we went back and forth from the ring to the hunt course...