The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

God bless and protect those in harm's way, and rest the souls and give comfort to the families of those we will lose.

An e-mail just received from Stratfor, a company that provides consulting, intelligence, and strategic analysis services for businesses and others with international interests:

At 1808 GMT (1:08 p.m. EST, 9:08 p.m. Baghdad) B-52 bombers were reported taking off from RAF Fairford in the United Kingdom.
    Flying time to Iraq is about six hours. Earlier today, they were reportedly loaded with cruise missiles. The British press has also reported that skirmishing has commenced between Iraqi troops and U.S. and British special operations forces near Basra.
    Coalition aircraft also have attacked 10 Iraqi artillery pieces in the southern no-fly zone, and Israelis have been ordered to open and fit their gas masks, keeping them nearby at all times.

War has not yet commenced, but this is a war alert. More information will be forthcoming as it is available.

===============================================
    Continuous, real-time monitoring, rapid analysis of military and political developments, combat reports and breaking intelligence available from Stratfor on its exclusive U.S. Iraq War web site.

Stratfor
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

God bless and protect those in harm's way, and rest the souls and give comfort to the families of those we will lose.

An e-mail just received from Stratfor, a company that provides consulting, intelligence, and strategic analysis services for businesses and others with international interests:

At 1808 GMT (1:08 p.m. EST, 9:08 p.m. Baghdad) B-52 bombers were reported taking off from RAF Fairford in the United Kingdom.
    Flying time to Iraq is about six hours. Earlier today, they were reportedly loaded with cruise missiles. The British press has also reported that skirmishing has commenced between Iraqi troops and U.S. and British special operations forces near Basra.
    Coalition aircraft also have attacked 10 Iraqi artillery pieces in the southern no-fly zone, and Israelis have been ordered to open and fit their gas masks, keeping them nearby at all times.

War has not yet commenced, but this is a war alert. More information will be forthcoming as it is available.

===============================================
    Continuous, real-time monitoring, rapid analysis of military and political developments, combat reports and breaking intelligence available from Stratfor on its exclusive U.S. Iraq War web site.

Stratfor
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Thank you Portia.
    You are right God Bless all.

"Proud Member Of The I Love Dublin, Starman Babies, Sunnieflax and Horse Boxes Cliques" Bora Da

Please keep us updated! I knnow I will be watching CNN tonight...

It's a sad day in American capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park.
    It\'s a sad day in American capitalism when a man can\'t fly a midget on a kite over Central Park.

I have goosebumps and want to cry all at the same time. God bless those troops.

>^.,.^<
    ~~Linda

"Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it. You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" - Antoine de Saint Exupery
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?

Any updates?

Janet
    chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle, and Brain
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

The price of war is so high.

God Bless our troops and all the innocents.

My Marine friend is there, my thoughts & prayers are with them all.

**Finally...found my dream horse! He's coming home in April!**

I have to say, that I remember January 1991 all to well...I remember Whitney Houston belting out
    Star Spangled Banner (think thats the name) during the superbowl....I remember laying in bed at night jumping at any sound that was out of the oridinary.

Then 9/11...and having to explain to my three kids why life was "just like that" and how some people live with that horror every day.

Now this...and I still have three precious "babies" that I just want to grow up to have families of their own and experience HALF of the JOY they have brought to my life.

I sat around today thinking about how much God has blessed me with...so many little things that are so easily over looked. Like "purple" on a behavior bar on my sons nightly homework. Or my 11 year old daughter HUMOROUS try at being a blacksmith last night with our blacksmith who happens to also be a dear friend. Or my two year olds half hearted attepmts at potty trianing. Or that fact that it has been raining here for a week straight...and we are so wet, muddy and flooded, and yet someplace in the world they are praying for rain due to severe drought.

Take HUGE THANKS for the little things. Prayers and so much love to all who are in Bahgdad (sp?)

I'm so worried...My parents are in Spain right now... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

Time wounds all heels ~ Groucho Marx
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

Hugs and Kisses Bluesy- I know if it were my paretns my heart would be pounding until they returned!

Act up. Organize a protest, walk-out, sick-in, sit-in, etc at your place of employment or school tomorrow morning.

Support the troops, not the policymakers.

DCRiotGrrl

DCRiotGrrl

DCRiotGrrl, I wholeheartedly disagree in the need to disrupt the lives of those people who are not policymakers. However I would be amiss to not say you have a level of rights to decent, provided laws are not broken.

Not sure what an act up policy will accomplish as most folks aren't swayed by a bunch of mouthy folks. For me I just get that much more angry when I am inconvenienced by people who think, for example, that a sit-in chanting anti-war slogans will change my views.

I do not intend to get into a political discussion on this board... but I wanted to say that I support the president and the troops 150% every step of the way.

And as President Bush said tonight...

"God bless our country and all those defending her."
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

Well said, Glimmer.......and RumoursFollow also.......
    [i]\"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be wo

RumoursFollow, JulieM--

AMEN.

God Bless our Country and it's troops. May this be ended quickly and finally.

________
    Sarah

"Half the failures in life arise from pulling in one's horse as he is leaping."~ Julius Hare
    ________
    Sarah
    formerly known as Alohamora
    \"Half the failures in life arise from pulling in one\'s horse as he is leaping.\"~ Julius Hare

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DCRiotGrrl:
    Act up. Organize a protest, walk-out, sick-in, sit-in, etc at your place of employment or school tomorrow morning.

Support the troops, not the policymakers.

DCRiotGrrl

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darlin', just think of this as another phase of Weapon Inspections, only this time the USA is not waiting on the UN timetable.... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_razz.gif

SLW
    "It is I."

Anyone notice how gaunt President Bush looked tonight?

His father was markedly aged at the end of his presidency.

God Bless America and the troops out there! I'm disgusted that my own country did not decide to join in because of the ignorance of our PM. Just so guys know, as a Canadian I wholeheartedly support the Americans in the war against Iraq.

Here's to a quick in and out war with as few casualties as possible!

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer. " - Henry David Thoreau

* * * "To wherever it may lead." - Orlando Bloom (Legolas)
    Quote for the week:

\"Never under-estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.\" - Shirt Slogan