The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Deshawn Parker REALLY moving his tack to NY

What was published a while back in the DRF has now come to fruition. DeShawn Parker will now be riding at Aqueduct starting this coming weekend. There are a lot of details to this strange and twisted story, but I am going to refrain myself from posting them because they are private.

I love Parker, but he'll make a lot less money riding in NY than he would have by riding at Penn or Oaklawn. He'd win 5 a week at Penn. He'll have to win 3.5 races at Aqueduct per week to make the same money...ironically, Aqueduct might be the only backside worse than Penn !!! LOL

Guess his friend was right then . He might have a 'back' plan, though -- to get a few good connections there that might help him 'down the road'. Was he doing good at Penn??

Quote Originally Posted by tbracer65 View Post
    Guess his friend was right then . He might have a 'back' plan, though -- to get a few good connections there that might help him 'down the road'. Was he doing good at Penn??
    Yeah. He won some races but was just getting his feet wet - and of course he took part in a spill on a Gill horse during his short tenure here. I predict he'll be in NY less than a month and not because he's not great, but I've seen riders of similar caliber try it and not succeed - see Stewart Elliot after the Smarty Jones Run.

Yeah, that was kinda laughable about Stewart Elliott ... right after Smarty I guess he thought he was too good for the Pa. circuit and headed for NY. But water always finds its own level ... he high-tailed it back to Philly when his business tanked.

Does anyone know where DeShawn Parker is? What happened to the New York gig with Richard Englander?

Not sure if he got hurt or not, but the last one I saw him ride was at Penn a couple of weeks ago and it fell. 1/7/10