The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Had to Rave---New Hawk Trailer

I just purchased a HAWK 2+1 gooseneck from Horse Wheels trailer sales in upstate NY. And I LOVE this rig. This was a serious upgrade for me from my ancient Jackson bumper pull. It is a gorgeous trailer. Marcia at Horse Wheels was excellent at helping me design it. We did quite a bit of customization. I have the ability to flip the straight stalls around so the horses can ride backwards and have can also conver to 2 good size box stalls. Also have a nice wide side ramp and enough room to turn around and back a horse in so I can load all by myself.

The trailer is airy and beautiful. Hauls like a dream. Its my first gooseneck and I was really impressed at how easy it is to drive.

Dressing room is great. Can't wait to use it once the eventing season starts.

Huge cudos for Marcia at horsewheels and Hawk. This is a fabulous trailer at a great price.

I can't believe you didn't post pictures.

Congrats. on your new trailer! Hawks are great. I have had several. Current is a 4 horse head to head with a 6ft dressing/tack room. Love it and so do my horses.

Congratulations and lucky you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    Congratulations and lucky you!!!
    Ditto! If I can ever afford a trailer, I would love to have a Hawk! Enjoy!!!

***ENVY***

After much going back and forth, I've decided that a new trailer is firmly on the WANT list, not the NEED list. But when the time comes, I want . . . no, NEED, a 2+1.
    Click here before you buy.

That is the design I covet--with a 6' dressing room that I can convert into a LQ.

A friend got one when she start doing CDI's, I helped her put the cabinets in it & the thing is FABULOUS! Once the cart is out there is a ton of room if it rains/etc when you're camping.

Since I'm a cash kinda girl, and the trailer I have now works fine it'll be on my "someday" list.

Congrats and enjoy!

Had to chime-in on this thread... I just picked up my new 2010 Hawk Elite yesterday!! As a west-coaster, I didn't think I would be able to get one unless I had it shipped from North Carolina. Through a website, I found a west coast dealer who was able to set me up with the perfect trailer for my 17.1h monster. Anyone on the left coast being tempted by a new Hawk, PM me and I'll give you all the details for great service. I can't say enough good things! Now if I could just convince myself it's ok to get it dirty...

Congrats on your new trailer!

Ugh where's the green with envy button, That is my dream trailer, and everytime I think now's a good time, something else breaks and I have to take care of that. Enjoy your trailer for all of us that don't have one, but really want. Seriously have fun!! And congrats!!

Sounds lovely!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!