The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FREE TO GOOD HOME - DRAFT CROSS

Due to lack of time, i am looking to place my just turned 4 year old Draft/QH cross. I have had him since he was 6 months old. I got him with intention of training him and using him for lessons, but i have been so busy with teaching and being away at shows, that i have not had the consistent time to work with him. He is chestnut with lots of chrome. I have not measured him lately, as he is still growing, but he is probably about 15.1-15.2 right now, and is very big boned. He is still butt high, and has some growing left to do. He is very sweet, smart and well mannered. He lunges, has been long lined, and was started under saddle last year. However, do to lack of time, i was only able to sit on him and walk him around 3 or 4 times. He was very honest and never made a wrong move. He is still a stallion, as he has always been well behaved, and we were not in a hurry to geld him. He could still very easily be gelded for a reasonable fee. We are located in RI, and would be able to transport him within a reasonable distance. It is not fair for him to just sit in a field and not have a job. This is why i have decided to place him. You can view pictures of him here - http://s796.photobucket.com/albums/y...ersedgeequine/. The most recent pictures were taken about 4 months ago, and the older pictures were from when he was almost a year old. If anyone is interested my email is RiversEdgeEquine@verizon.net.

Boy-sure wish the timing were different.....but will spread the word with my friends in NY......I know I will never have anything but a draftX ever again!.....in the meantime......hmmmm how can I bribe the hubby.......

Are you still looking for a home for your guy? I lost my draft/cross gelding a month ago and have been looking for another one to bring home.