The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default "The Oaks of Lake City" - O'Connor Certified Equestrian Lifestyle

Here is the general website:
    And here is the equestrian center:

Has anyone else heard of this place or had experience with it (tried a search and nothing came up)?

The general idea is you buy a lot on the 1,200 acre property and you can either board at the central barn or keep your horse on your own lot. You build your own house/barn at your own pace. I know someone whose horse is there in the lesson program, and she says the level of care at this place is out of this world. Extremely personalized, and they have "concierge" services available (ranging from holding your horse for the vet/farrier to coming to your own property to feed/turnout). It is open to all disciplines, and just check out the list of amenities:

I watched their promotional DVD recently and can't decide if this place is too good to be true (read: affordable) or just a little creepy (what with the whole "packaged lifestyle")? Obviously the DVD will have a tendency to dramatize things a bit, but what do you all think about this? Better yet, anyone have personal experience with this place?

It looks interesting but the spelling and grammar mistakes throughout the 'About' section make a bad impression. Maybe I just spent too many years in Advertising but that type of thing should not happen in a marketing piece.

Something like High Point in Langley.

I once drooled over a lot in an equestrian community which we had to pass up, and I still regret it. I would love that set up.

NE Ohio

Be prepared to drop BIIIIIGGG bucks to live there. Used to live/work about 20 minutes from it. Had a friend whose parents wanted to buy a lot there, and were looking at spending probably close to a $1mil+ for a lot.

New Hampshire/Florida

I got a flyer from them in November of 2009:

Home sites from $54,900.00, Homes from $275,000.00

Equestrian Estate sites from $139,900.00

rgailey Guest

I am the General Manager of The Oaks Equestrian Center. I would be more than happy to answer all questions.

Joanne was correct in her posting above with the pricings. In addition, we are currently running incentives from now until March 31st where you can save an extra $10-$20k off the listed homesite prices. You can easily build a nice home on a one acre village homsite for around $350k. There are no lots over $195,000 and no where near a million dollars. Of course, there are also options to go into the millions for a complete build but that would be a very deluxe custom home on an estate homesite.

The Oaks has "officially" been open since October 2008. We currently have 9 sold and another home under construction and under contract.

The O'Connor Signature care level is superior and we take pride in our facility where the horses and safety come first.

We have an outstanding lesson program that is open to all discilplines with well rounded instruction. We also host a variety of clinics, events and shows.

For anyone that would like to truly experience what we are all about, I encourage you to visit, take a tour or ride around the property.

Phoenix, AZ

And a friend of mine was on the architect team for this place. And she's an eventer! Whoo!

Near the Itchetucknee.Ft.White Fl.

I live very close by.

The Oaks is absolutely beautiful.I have given thoughts to buy a lot to retire to,but I think I will wait until they open up the back lots.

It is probably the nicest set-up I have seen anywhere in the world,

Such a shame the economy stinks right now.

Close to 2 interstates gives you access to anywhere.
    \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

ocala,florida....the place to be!

i know rhonda, and a very good friend of mine runs the barn. the place is wonderful. i have a horse there on lease that they use in their lesson program. and i am not someone that lets anyone lease out my horses. he is so happy there and they take wonderful care of him! if i did not have a farm i would love to live there in a second. anyone that has any doubt about this place, please, go and see it for yourself, take the tour. take a trail ride around the property. the barn is unbelieveable and the care is top notch.

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"