The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

KS. Thank you for the laughs, and the insights.
    This is for you, too (credit and to thanks birthdaygirl for this)...
    HOW TO STAY YOUNG
    1) Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.
    2) Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
    3) Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
    4) Enjoy the simple things.
    5) Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
    6) The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our whole life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
    7) Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
    8) Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
    9) Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next country, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
    10) Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
    AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thank you KS for giving your COTH family many of those moments.

I've been away for a bit and just saw this thread. How very sad that so many students lost their teacher, so many friends lost a pal, so many horse people lost a mentor... and we here lost a kind, witty and informative contributor. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

So many good memories! We had the most hysterical roadtrip to Rolex '02. It was like being in college again - particularly given the speeding ticket in east bejeesus WV (As she told the officer, "You are the lucky winner; I was way overdue for this one." I don't think it helped the situation. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

I don't think Babs ever forgave me for sneaking that Tipperary helmet (a/k/a "the abomination") into the trunk of her car. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

Babo'isms that stick in my mind:

"what is it that you are doing out there miss western pleasure rider??!!"

"you can't be a lady and learn to sit the trot."

"use your crotch! You're an adult, I know you know how."

"Oh good gaaawwd, fix that [leg, hand, seat, elbow, hip, head]; you are riding like 'Inverness' and none of us want that!"

"Am I going to have to beat you??!!"

To Suzrox: "oh here we go, Miss Sassy-Lippy is here."

"You are not putting this body on a pair of skiis and sending it hurtling down some mountain."

The one we all dreaded: "Come over here and talk to me."

"Everyone get out of the way, 'Inverness' is going to canter."

"Do you steer like that on the Beltway??!!!"

"Don't start with me Michael, I'm in no mood."

A person is prohibited to eat until he first feeds his animals.

- Babylonian Talmud, Berakhot 40a

I did not know this lady other than on here.I can only offer all of her family, friends and students my sincere condolences for your loss. Godd speed Kennett Square and keep an eye out on those you left behind here on earth. They really love you.

Vermont - where winter riders are real riders.
    Vermont - where winter riders are real riders.

"I can teach monkeys to ride!"

I am crying again.

Friendship is Love without his wings
    -Lord Byron
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

\"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

I never knew Kennett Square or corresponded with her, but I read many of her posts and I am sad to hear she is gone. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif She posted so much that it seemed like she would always be around.

Condolences to her friends and family.

"The power of acute observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw
    \"So shines a good deed in a weary world\" - Willy Wonka

Wingsy, John just told me that you left a message for me on his voicemail Friday night.

Give me a jingle at the office if you'd like.

{{{{ major hug }}}}

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Inverness:
    So many good memories! We had the most hysterical roadtrip to Rolex '02. It was like being in college again - particularly given the speeding ticket in east bejeesus WV (As she told the officer, "You are the lucky winner; I was way overdue for this one." I don't think it helped the situation. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

I don't think Babs ever forgave me for sneaking that Tipperary helmet (a/k/a "the abomination") into the trunk of her car. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

Babo'isms that stick in my mind:

"what _is_ it that you are doing out there miss western pleasure rider??!!"

"you can't be a lady and learn to sit the trot."

"_use_ your crotch! You're an adult, I know you know how."

"Oh good gaaawwd, fix that [leg, hand, seat, elbow, hip, head]; you are riding like 'Inverness' and none of us want that!"

"Am I going to have to beat you??!!"

To Suzrox: "oh here we go, Miss Sassy-Lippy is here."

"You are not putting this body on a pair of skiis and sending it hurtling down some mountain."

The one we all dreaded: "Come over here and talk to me."

"Everyone get out of the way, 'Inverness' is going to canter."

"Do you steer like that on the Beltway??!!!"

"Don't start with me Michael, I'm in no mood."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Inverness..these were good ones...made me chuckle. I could hear her saying each one.

`````````````````````````````````````````
    "I NOW INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE TOO FAR FROM REALITY."
    Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, Iraqi Minister of Information

"Life ain't certain...ride your best horse first." Unknown

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Good-bye darling Kennett Square!

I am absolutely stunned to hear about this. I have had so much fun with Kennett Square on this BB over the years, we danced and flirted and laughed together here on line. She was my partner-in-crime during all of our silly VA/jock strap/Sea Urchin threads and boy did she make me laugh. I am deeply saddened that such a spirited, fun woman like her has passed on so early in life.

Kennett Square - I'll raise my drink to you tonight, think of all the fun we had, and then down it in one go. We may have never met, but you were my friend for sure, and thanks for all of the laughs. I will remember you always in conjunction with this smiley: http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

"Toss me... Don't tell the elf."-Gimli
    You Strike Me Still

I have just come back home to this thread and I too only knew Kennett Square through her posts. My heartfelt thoughts to her friends and family don't seem adequate. It is important to remember, however, that there seems to be no measure to the love, caring, and especially laughter she left with all who loved her. What a wonderful legacy to have brought such pure joy to all fortunate enough to know her.

"just remember this my girl, when you look up in the sky, you can see the stars but still not see the light." -The Eagles (song by J. Tempchin/R. Stradlund)
    \"just remember this my girl, when you look up in the sky, you can see the stars but still not see the light.\" -The Eagles (song by J. Tempchin/R. Stradlund)

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif
    I never met her outside this BB, but Kennett Square was quite a fun lady. You'll be missed, KC!

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." -Henry Ford

Babs & I had routine down - she'd ask me to ride some element (super-tight broken line, large jump, etc.) and I would inevitably say no. She'd give me a look, and I would go and do what ever she asked anyway. I'm not a risk taker, but she could make me do what I thought I couldn't, because she knew I could. I had just told my mom the other day, that once, before I go to college this fall, I was going to just do what she asked without saying no. I had mentioned this to Babs as well, and she told me she was going to be very old before that happened - this just isn't fair.
    ~*Paige*~

Oh Paige . . . you did her so proud at Morven Park this weekend!!! I think she had her eye on you.

No it's not fair. But you rode the socks off that pony this weekend Paige and that was an excellent tribute to the coaching that Babs gave to you. She is still there, behind you and all of us, all the way.

[This message was edited by larosa90 on Jun. 16, 2003 at 04:54 PM.]

I knew Babs for practically my entire life and cannot believe that she has gone from us.
    Brilyntrip

And no one will ever be able to say Fabulousthe way she did....
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Can anyone that is going to her wake on Wed night email me at jdicarlo@webmethods.com? I have something I'd like to give to you guys and I'd like to be sure to find you that night. I won't be able to make it to the funeral on Thu because Miss C is graduating at exactly the same time.

`````````````````````````````````````````
    "I NOW INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE TOO FAR FROM REALITY."
    Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, Iraqi Minister of Information

"Life ain't certain...ride your best horse first." Unknown

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Oh what a tragedy. My heart goes to all those who knew her and loved her! But the good thing is that she went peacefully in her sleep.

**BARB***

**BARB***

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who knew and loved her.