The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Need new dressage boots (for the horse)

It's time to get new boots, I would like economical but effective versions as I will need to buy 3 or 4 pair. Front and back, and easy on and off please Which ones do ya like?

I really like the Smartpak Adelaide fleece boots. They are comparable in price to Dover's fleece boot, and they seem to fit and hold up a bit better. I wash/dry/generally abuse mine almost every day and they have lasted seven months now and still look nice even though they are white. I like the fleece with all of the new research saying that neoprene gets too hot on the legs. The sizing of the Adelaide boots is a bit odd, but Smartpak customer service was wonderful to go and measure the boots for me. The L/front and L/hind fit my 17h horse well. Another horse who is 16h wears a M/front on the front and L/front behind. I have an 18h horse as well who has to wear the Dover boots due to size, and I really like the Adelaide boots much better for the way the fit and for durability. Hope this helps!

http://www.tackliquidators.com/servl...gory=ALL&no=44
    or
    http://millerharness.com/product.aspx?p=X4-0471

I use both of these. Really easy to put on and off, hold up pretty well (I've used them for turn-out and xc as well), and easy to clean.

My guy interferes pretty hard behind when we're working on something new, so I keep a couple pairs that I switch between. These have held up the longest and are fairly well priced compared to whats out there.

It might depend a bit on the horses you are buying boots for and how hard they are on boots as to what will be the most effective for you.

Default thanks

I'll check those out. I live in the hot, muggy south so the fleece may be a better option.

Default Barn full of happy customers.....

Seems like our entire barn or horses wears these - they are skeepskin lined, easy on/easy off, hold up well, come in a variety of colors (I prefer white patnet as they whipe off easily and I can keep them looking new forever)

I have 3 pairs that I switch out weekly, wash em in the washer and let them air dry. They stand up to anything,

http://peopleonhorses.com/Boots.htm

I use and LOVE the Pelham-Ascot boots from tackliquidators on ebay.

Dover has their fleece ones on sale for $19 a pair at the moment...
    I have horse to sell to you. Horse good for riding. Can pull cart. Horse good size. Eats carrots and apples. Likes attention. Move head to music. No like opera! You like you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSprats Mom View Post
    Dover has their fleece ones on sale for $19 a pair at the moment...
    I was going to say I love the Dover ones since they are so economical and seem to hold up pretty darn well.

And if they are on sale right now that makes them even better!
    I think I will have to go look over at the dover site......
    Free and Forward Motion through Massage Therapy
    www.amandastarrbodywork.com

Default me too

Headed to Dover. Thanks.