The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

savvylover112 Guest

Default hunt ball?

I am fifteen years old and I am going to my first hunt ball and I really don't know what to wear anyone have any idea I am tall enough not sure how tall average like and I am an english size 6 not sure what that is over in America but I can never find things to fit me so any ideas for me??

Agreed, post in the Hunting Forum. I know our local hunt has very strict guidlines regarding ladies' dress colors so as not to clash should the men be in Scarlet. I don't know if all the hunts are so fussy. My advice, when in doubt go in black and not too bare.

I think you can even search the hunt forum for that, I remember reading about it.

No red dress, and whatever else fancies the hunt. It's probably not a bad idea to ask at the source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Are you asking about what to wear at the hunt or the hunt ball?
    I agree, ask this over in hunting.

Generally, if it is the hunt ball, usually it is a dressy affair. Look on their web site for photos of previous hunt balls or ask someone in the club.

It depends. Are you male or female? Whicj country? What hunt? Ask someone who knows the LOCAL customs, perhaps whoever invited you. You WERE invited, weren't you?

The Hunt Ball is not the hunt it's self. It is dressy. Depending on the hunt it can be ball gowns and tuxedos or what you would wear as an upscale wedding guest. Do not wear riding clothes.
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

Quote Originally Posted by savvylover112 View Post
    I am fifteen years old and I am going to my first hunt ball and I really don't know what to wear
    my only suggestion is to wear something appropriate for your age...do NOT dress like some middle aged woman desperate to show her boobs off to some drunk men....

call me old fashioned, but something in a neutral satin with full length skirt and covered shoulders is always becoming....

http://www.christinagowns.com/index....r=&startRow=31

barring that this in a more neutral though I do like the dark color as well

http://www.christinagowns.com/index....categoryID=241

Tamara in TN
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

I believe an english size 6 would be an american size 4. I'm told that either black or white evening dress is correct for ladies, but I'm sure that varies by hunt. And I don't know if it's different for teenagers. Probably safest to ask some of the hunt members who've been before. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by savvylover112 View Post
    I am fifteen years old and I am going to my first hunt ball and I really don't know what to wear anyone have any idea I am tall enough not sure how tall average like and I am an english size 6 not sure what that is over in America but I can never find things to fit me so any ideas for me??
    I'm assuming you are English as you refer to "over in America".

If you are a Brit, it will not be "The" Hunt Ball. At 15 you are still a PC member and the ball will be the PC Hunt Ball and be chaperoned - no alcohol (theoretically). No colour rules apart from Black is very aging on a 15 year old. Think prom dress as opposed to Beyonce.

I have to say the hardest nights work I ever did was chaperoning a PC Hunt Ball. Dragging snogging teenagers out of toilets, from under tables. Finding the booze and fag stashes. Never Again.

Paddy
    "Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done"

~Member of the "Addicted to Lessons" clique~