SWB? Nepal, Holsteiner, and Gelderlander/KWPN stud info needed
I've been researching some bloodlines and thought I would come here for ones I'm not having as much luck on.
KWPN (SWB?) Stallion: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/nepal8 Nepal (Pericles x Iregina) - what did HE do? Anything? I've been able to find daughters of Nepal that have produced international level horses, so he seems like a good broodmare sire, and he has produced dressage and jumping offspring. He is registered KWPN but I seem to find more when I search him under Swedish WB. Even still I really can't find much about his performance (if he had any beyond stallion approval). Also, anything on his damsire Dolman (Holsteiner)?
Gelderlander stallion Pygmalion (Locomotief x Melvira) - again not much I can find on HIM. His offspring have produced some nice sport horses (like Rubus-B) but that is as far as I get.
Any pedigree gurus able to tell me more on either of them?
The breeding goal is to produce a Gelders horse that can be used for multi-purposes. The Gelders horse distinguishes itself both in harness and under saddle with its happy appearance, reliable and willing character, healthy constitution, functional conformation, correct movement mechanism and correct base with a preferably attractive exterior. To reach this goal, the Gelders horse should be suitable for use under saddle and in harness with an elegant build with substance, self carriage, sufficiently developed legs and big gaits with light knee action in the foreleg and with power and carrying ability from behind.
Breeding Goal for Harness Horses
The breeding goal is to produce a harness horse that can perform in the highest levels of Harness sport and also possesses a healthy constitution, functional conformation, a correct movement mechanism and a correct base with a preferably attractive exterior. To reach this goal the harness horse should have good suspension in the trot with a foreleg that moves well with high knee action and a hindleg that steps under powerfully, as well as proud self carriage with a long vertical neck.
Yes, it is very much about fitting into the "type" profile. There can be no more than 12.5% impovement blood in either book.
Here are some interesting registration possibilities:
1) You can have a 100% Gelderlander bred horse, papered as a Dutch Harness Horse.
2) You can have a 100% Gelderlander bred horse, and it is papered as a Gelderlander.
3) You can have a 75% Gelderlander (who is very much Gelderlander in type), but he is papered as a Dutch Warmblood because the other 25% is thoroughbred.
4) You can have a 87.5% Gelderlander, but he is papered as a Dutch Harness Horse.
5) You can have a 75% or better Gelderlander blood (some though Dutch Harness Horse, and some through Dutch Warmblood mares with Gelderlander blood), and it is papered as a Dutch Warmblood
6) You can have a Dutch Warmblood father on a Dutch Harness Horse dam, and it is papered as a Dutch Warmblood.
7) You can have a Dutch Harness Horse father on a Dutch Warmblood dam, and it is papered as a Dutch Warmblood.
8) You can have a Gelderlander father, on a Dutch Harness dam and it is papered as a Gelderlander (as long as there is not more than 12.5% improvement blood).
etc, etc, etc.
Nepal 390 was born at Flyinge (Sweden State Stud). That is a VERY old bloodline as he was born in the mid 50s. His offspring actually show a higher ability to jump than dressage, but still average in the dressage index. He was the sire of a few approved stallion but I see him a lot in dam lines. Versatile but old style boy.
www.spindletopfarm.net Home of Puerto D'Azur - 1998 NA 100 Day Test Champion "Charcter is much easier kept than recovered"