The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Erin,

Can we do a "looking for" type of ad?

The adventure has begun...
    KT
    "For God hates utterly
    The bray of bragging tongues."
    Sophocles, Antigone Spoken by the Leader of the Chorus of Theban Elders

Erin,

Can we do a "looking for" type of ad?

The adventure has begun...
    KT
    "For God hates utterly
    The bray of bragging tongues."
    Sophocles, Antigone Spoken by the Leader of the Chorus of Theban Elders

I'm checking... will post more info in a day or two. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Was there a decision about "wanted" ads?

One of the lessons of history is that Nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.
    - Will Durant

One of the lessons of history is that Nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.
    - Will Durant

Yes, there will be wanted ads... I just need to change the online info and get PayPal set up for it. Give me another day or two. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

OK, PayPal form is revised... "wanted" ads will be $10. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Usually "wanted" ads are free. I think this is a little over the top to charge for this service.

My humble opinion, feel free to flame.
    Proud member of the Clean Horse, Dirty House Clique! Founder of the Goodbye Fat, Hello Muscle Clique!

I do have to agree with shadytrake. It's IMHO that you should have a free ad period for a month or so to attract customers... once they see how well it is working they will be more willing to submit ads.

I don't check the classifieds very often because there aren't many ads being posted.

Dressager
    I'm back in the land of SARS
    You don't throw a whole life away just because its a little banged up - Tom Smith

I agree with shadytrake and dressager because it doesn't seem like a lot of people are posting for sale items or wanted items... maybe it's because they don't want to spend that much when other places are free of charge. Just my opinion!

~*~Marissa & Goody~*~
    Appreciate what you have today... Tomorrow it could be gone in an instant.

chant with me! free want adds.......

i think if people arent paying for for sale adds, at least want adds will increase activity and bring people to look at this forum....just my humble opinion though http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

"I hope you will grow up to be gentle and good, and never learn bad ways, do your work with good will, lift your feet up well when you trot, and never bite or kick even in play."
    -Duchess, Black Beauty, Anna Sewell
    \"I hope you will grow up to be gentle and good, and never learn bad ways, do your work with good will, lift your feet up well when you trot, and never bite or kick even in play.\"
    -Duchess, Black Beauty, Anna Sewell

So if the want ads will be free, can we sell something under them saying, "Wanted: someone to buy my such and such, etc."

I'd think that's the loop hole in the free want ads, and I think that's why they are still going to be $10.