The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hi everyone - I'm a lurker coming out of hiding. :-)

I did not go to Indio this year, so I feel completely out of the fashion loop. What coat/shirt colors are in and out these days? Any big changes?

Things change so quickly and I don't want to show up at the next show looking out of place. Thanks!
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish."

Hi everyone - I'm a lurker coming out of hiding. :-)

I did not go to Indio this year, so I feel completely out of the fashion loop. What coat/shirt colors are in and out these days? Any big changes?

Things change so quickly and I don't want to show up at the next show looking out of place. Thanks!
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish."

Charcoal grey seems to be really in vogue. I have a light charcoal grey jacket made by RJ Classics that I wear with a light blue or light pink shirt.

GPAs, ATHs, and COs are popular right now. TS, as always, are being seen at the top shows. Custom boots are common, but I love my Konigs that fit like customs at 1/2 the price.

Dante
    Sunday

In Ocala almost every pony rider was wearing light tan jackets

-----
    This is not a true story
    -----

-----
    This is not a true story
    -----

I think the different-colored stripes on the GPA helmets are going to (well, they are already, somewhat) be big. Also, the nomination bracelets seem to be very in. CK Bradley ribbon belts, from last season are very in too.

I feel so out of the loop! What are nomination bracelets? I know about the CK Bradley ribbon belts b/c they sell them in a Lilly Pulitzer store here(now I know why- the owner is a big show-er http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif) haha, I'm really bright, lol. oh, I hope the colored stripes on the GPA's aren't here to stay(that's just my opinion though).

Oh, and I know someone who came back from WEF w/ one of those rhinestone tatoos on the back of her helmet http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif

I've been out of the showing circuit for a year so, uh..will someone please tell me what nomination bracelets and CK Bradley ribbon belts are please?! Thanks!

http://community.webshots.com/user/ifihadwords4u

I didn't know what CK Ribbbon Belts were either, here's what Google turned up:
    http://lauderdalelifestyle.com/laude...&ProductId=ck2

Here's what I found on Nomination Braclets:
    http://gilletts.com.au/pages/italian_charm_braclets.htm

Now I know what you are all referring too.

Thanks for the site, RegalBeagle. I don't think that I'll be getting one of those, though. CK Bradley Belts are just expensive belts they sell in Beachy-Stores(If you don't really get that, I don't either) I think that I've made some ribbon belts before just by getting some D-Rings w/ some good ribbon at the craft stores!

I like the Tiffany Heart bracelets alot more than the Nomination bracelets. JMO.

Dante
    Sunday

CAJumper ... I'll get you a bracelet for your birthday if you promise NOT to get me a ribbon belt for mine http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

Are you guys kidding ... colored stripes on GPAs for *gasp* hunters? No!
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

Egads! Those ribbon belts are what the geeky kids used to wear back in grammar/middle school when I was young!! How bizarre they're now 'cool'!!

Member of the drafties/drafties X clique!

As far as accessories, yes ribbon belts(look at ReagleBeagle's link) are big. I just bought one thats green w/t pink overlay and palm tree designs on it. Everyone seems to have nomination bracelets, and if not those, alot of bling bling jewelry, including the Tiffany's bracelets. Rhinestones on the GPAs are cute too, I saw that in the junior & eq rings. Pony kids braids weren't gigantically huge, and I saw alot in red, white, & blue (both Hogan kids had them if I remember right)
    http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gifCute stuff, I didn't see anything really tacky

-----
    This is not a true story
    -----

-----
    This is not a true story
    -----

Yup..i used to wear those belts back in the early 80's...lol funny how things come back...i think i had alligators on mine!

**BARB***

**BARB***

Virginia and North Carolina, Parrothead Clique!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gwen:
    Yup..i used to wear those belts back in the early 80's...lol funny how things come back...i think i had alligators on mine!

**BARB***

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aack!! I used to have one with the little Izod alligators all around when I was like 6!!! Scary thing is, I used to wear it so much (was a personal FAVE!), my mother probably kept it in a box somewhere to show me later how goofy it was! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif LOL!

Which came first, the truck or the trailer?
    Which came first, the truck or the trailer?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EqChick:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gwen:

**BARB***

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aack!! I used to have one with the little Izod alligators all around when I was like 6!!! Scary thing is, I used to wear it so much (was a personal FAVE!), my mother probably kept it in a box somewhere to show me later how goofy it was! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif LOL!

Which came first, the truck or the trailer?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH YAH!!! Mine was bright kelly green and I think I wore it with my pink bellbottomy pants I had!!!!!!! WOOOO what a site...gotta find that picture!

**BARB***

**BARB***

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EqChick:

**BARB***

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which came first, the truck or the trailer?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, another former wearer of the ribbon belts in the 80's. Pink and green Izod, of course!! Can't believe they are coming back . . .