The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Bonsall, CA- with my horses finally home again!

Default PSA: Ovation Melton Hunt Coats on TOTD, $129!

Great deal! Anyone know how Ovation sizing runs? I googled it but couldn't find anything. I wear a 2 or a 4 in regular (non-equestrian) women's clothing, so would the 8R possibly fit me?
    ~Living the life I imagined~

Default Vest too

Yeah, and the vest is the bonus item for $57!!!

A few years back I bought an Ovation canary vest at a tack store and they are sized small. My TS vest is either a 10 or 12 and I needed a 16 or larger in the Ovation vest. Can't provide the specifics because both vest are outside in the trailer dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by hey101 View Post
    Great deal! Anyone know how Ovation sizing runs? I googled it but couldn't find anything. I wear a 2 or a 4 in regular (non-equestrian) women's clothing, so would the 8R possibly fit me?
    It should. I tried on a size 10R for the heck of it (never wore a Melton coat...now I just need to find somewhere to hunt!) It fit wonderfully. I usually am a size 5-7 (jrs) or 4-6 (womens) so the 8 will most likely fit you.
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

More or less, if you add "20" to a stated size, that seems to be about the chest measurement of a ladies' shirt/coat/vest.

YMMV. And it doesn't work for RJ Classics sizing; I can't figure that one out at all.

I just ordered a slightly larger vest than I think I need because I can always have it taken in.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

I found this size chart for ladies ovation hunt coats. I would think their melton would be the same sizing.

http://www.fourwinds.net/engcloth/ei860409.html

Default I ordered one

Don't need another hunt coat but got to thinking that all mine have my colors on them and I might need a plain one for something.
    -Painted Wings

Set youself apart from the crowd, ride a paint horse, you're sure to be spotted

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Wings View Post
    Don't need another hunt coat but got to thinking that all mine have my colors on them and I might need a plain one for something.
    Or to lend one out to a guest who is just getting into hunting!!