The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Ok this is really off course, I am a Police Officer in a very drug ridden city full of very cruel people,While patrolling I found a 5 month old golden lab/cross that had a huge stab wound to her chest, as cute as can be, could not get near her but went to 7-11 and got some puppy chow and called animal control, we trapped her and the vet said it would cost $300 to close her up, I am willing to pay for her surgery and need a good home for her. Her surgery needs to be done ASAP. which I will do today, but I need a great home for her, beautifil golden lab/cross, friendly but has been abused, needs TLC, I will deliver, I sat with her for 4 hours while she shivered all night in the street, until I could get animal control, she is underweight but will pay for all treatments, someone left her to die, they also tried to cut her ear I will pay for all, just give her a loving home I will deliver. I sat in the street for 4 hours for her to trust me!!!Came to animal control and surrenndered Please help me!!!!

[This message was edited by Hunter_Rider on Aug. 26, 2003 at 10:01 PM.]

[This message was edited by Hunter_Rider on Aug. 27, 2003 at 07:30 PM.]

[This message was edited by Hunter_Rider on Aug. 29, 2003 at 10:55 AM.]

Ok this is really off course, I am a Police Officer in a very drug ridden city full of very cruel people,While patrolling I found a 5 month old golden lab/cross that had a huge stab wound to her chest, as cute as can be, could not get near her but went to 7-11 and got some puppy chow and called animal control, we trapped her and the vet said it would cost $300 to close her up, I am willing to pay for her surgery and need a good home for her. Her surgery needs to be done ASAP. which I will do today, but I need a great home for her, beautifil golden lab/cross, friendly but has been abused, needs TLC, I will deliver, I sat with her for 4 hours while she shivered all night in the street, until I could get animal control, she is underweight but will pay for all treatments, someone left her to die, they also tried to cut her ear I will pay for all, just give her a loving home I will deliver. I sat in the street for 4 hours for her to trust me!!!Came to animal control and surrenndered Please help me!!!!

[This message was edited by Hunter_Rider on Aug. 26, 2003 at 10:01 PM.]

[This message was edited by Hunter_Rider on Aug. 27, 2003 at 07:30 PM.]

[This message was edited by Hunter_Rider on Aug. 29, 2003 at 10:55 AM.]

god bless you, you are a wonderful person. I am too far away, I would have taken her in a heartbeat. it kills me to hear about this http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif

http://www.geocities.com/pnw_dq/index.html

"I'll allow the baby-eating silliness, but y'all can't just ramble on about everything under the sun out here." - Erin
    Nothing worth having comes easily.

I wish I could help and I am so happy to hear that you came to her rescue. I am bumping this up for you! Your good deed will come back to you, you have a good heart. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif People are so cruel. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_mad.gif

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

I am going to cross post this to another forum for Greyhounds. Hopefully someone there will be able to help.

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

HunterRider, email me privately, I have tons of canine contacts in rescue.

connordog521@yahoo.com

I would love to take her but someone dumped 2 new kittens at my barn yesterday. So my animal count stands at 4 barn cat, an indoor cat, dog, 2 horses.keep me posted

I will email to my Uncle, see if he is interested.

""You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink," is an old saying that is not exacly true, because anybody that's ever been around horses would know if the horse didn't want to go to water then it wouldn't!!"

My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder, He carries me away from all my fears. And when the world threatens to fall asunder, His mane is there to wipe away my tears. ~Bonnie Lewis

Im in Maine or I'd take her in, I dont think you want to drive that far ...both of my other dogs are rescues too...god bless you for your compassion and kindness!!

Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never cease to be amused.--Erin Mack
    Any man who can render himself unconscious with a pretzel, isn't smart enough to lead the Free World

My first dog ever was a golden/lab cross. My mom keeps talking about getting another "jessica." Let me know how I can contact you, and I will see what I can do. Charlie the Foxhound needs a friend. I am also in Virginia.

Edited because I saw your email addy in your profile and sent you a message.

Everyone, keep your fingers crossed that I can swing this! I we were just adopted by a (3rd)kitty so the house is getting a little full.
    ------------------
    Don't breed or buy while others die.
    Save a life, adopt a pet!
    Amateur rider, professional braider.
    ----
    Save a life, adopt a pet.

Hunter_Rider, I am in Canada and would happily take this little girl but it looks like she may have already found a loving home with Foxhound. I really wanted to say you have renewed my faith in humanity with your actions. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif

"If you are going through hell, keep going." ~Churchill~
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

I still have to convince the Allmighty Mom, so if there is anyone else out there who can guarantee a home, go for it! I do hope I can convince her, though. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

------------------
    Don't breed or buy while others die.
    Save a life, adopt a pet!
    Amateur rider, professional braider.
    ----
    Save a life, adopt a pet.

Good Luck Foxhound!! I hope your mom will let you get this pup!! It is so sad that some animals ever have to live their lives like this! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

I hope she finds a good home!! I would love her, but I live in a dorm, so that would be a big no no!!

~Jenna & Beethoven~
    http://community.webshots.com/user/jlm179

Hunter_Rider I have a house full right now (2 dogs, 2 rats, cat, ball python, 12 year old kid, hubby and 2 horses!) but I could take her for a few weeks while a home is arranged if it would help out. I just cannot offer her a permanent home although I wish I could! I will put the word out for you too!

I want to say GOD BLESS YOU for watching out for and taking care of this dog. She is truly lucky to have been found by you.

Proud owner of Wishes and Secret Keeper
    Both direct decendant of Man O' War - "the mostest hoss"!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Membership Fees - $200(+/-)
    Entry Fee for first HT (recognized) - $100
    Completing all phases safe/sound and happy – Priceless
    "A strong man stands up for himself...
    A stronger man stands up for others."
    ~MY MAN STANDS UP FOR US ALL~

What a lucky doggie that you came along!!

We are currently mom & dad to a 7 yr. old husky mix resuce and a 6mon. old black lab mix who was being fostered by a friend (went all the way to Ohio to pick him up).

If you don't find anyone else who can definitely take her and she'll get along with the other 2 and our indoor/outdoor cat, I'll be in VA the middle of next month and will take her home with me.

We weren't planning on anymore doggies, but I won't (and I know mr. SBH won't) let this little girl go homeless.

Let me know if she's moving to LI!!
    www.sandbarequinetransport.com

Proud member of the ILMD[FN]HP and Bull Snap Haters Cliques

Hunter_Rider, if you can get her to PA, I'll take her! bellavistafarm@aol.com
    Keep honking, I\'m reloading. You can\'t beat a woman who shoots!

Well I went to see the vet today they are doing surgery tomorrow at a whopping $572!!! Because she needs to have a heartworm test, ALL her shots and rabies etc etc etc.... OH and has to be spayed!!It was either pay for the surgery or Animal Control was going to euthanize her. So I have put some horsie items on ebay to raise funds!!! If anyone needs a Pair of 8 1/2 Arait Crowne black field boots, in a regular calf 18 1/2 inches in height- worn 5 times, please email me. I paid over $500 new 5 months ago, but can use my other pair of boots. Was not expecting this bill!! I have had people email me about her from this site , I need to email them back and figure out what home will be best for her. They basically are going to close her chest up - the knife tore 3/4 through her muscle and about 4 inches long. She was lucky it did not go in deeper. Thanks for all your help

[This message was edited by Hunter_Rider on Aug. 26, 2003 at 09:21 PM.]

would you accept a little help from forum members via paypal? $5 here and $5 there can add up, you know ... and i'd really like to help.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*= *

TB Logo 4 All
    http://www.webdiva4hire.com/ottb/index.html
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

OMG that is so generous!! I am going through my tack room of new items I have not used and trying to sell them to raise the money!! I have saddle pads, Ariat field boots, New Arait Hexcel Pro boots still in the box. I just listed on ebay. That would be awesome, I just don't know how we would set it up. I nicknamed her "Kirby: because she was sitting on "Kirby Street" when I found her. Animal control came at 8 am and we tried to catch her and could not-they put a trap out and 4 hours later she was not in the trap, so they came and found her walking down the street and sat there for an hour, and she creeped up to them, after eating 8 hot dogs!She felt like they were good people. Well she let them rub her, but when they tried to put a leash on her she ran, so they got back into there truck and drove off, the puppy ran for 4 blocks behind the truck. So they stopped and lured her into a vacant housing project development that had a fenced yard, she ran in there and they shut the gate. Then they were able to catch her!! She is just as sweet as can be, but soooo scared she is going to be hurt again. I have 2 dogs, and I will bring her home Thursday, I am not sure how one of mune will react to a new addition- he may be too aggressive towards her. I have 2 Belgian Malinois, that are bred for police work, and they grew up together- I just do not know how he will be towards her and dont need another vet bill!! She needs to be kept on a leash for a while, I am afraid if she gets scared she may take off again, so for a farm setting it may not be a great idea untill she can trust people. I dont know, maybe we can set up a fund for "Kirby", let me know some suggestions. She is having surgery at Brentwood Veterinary Clinic in Chesapeake, VA. I had to prepay 1/2, but they let me post date a check for Sept. 13 for the other 1/2!! Thanks again for all the help!!

Pretty simple ... did you set up a paypal account for your ebay transactions? If so, just post the account and people can send contributions naming Kirby in the "remarks" section.

I just suggest paypal because a $5 contribution is so quick and easy ... by the time someone finds a check, envelope, and stamp, they'll have forgotten your address, you know?

And shoot ... $5 is less than the price of lunch most places. I couldn't afford to take on a dog, but I can afford to eat oatmeal for lunch one day to help out yours.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*= *

TB Logo 4 All
    http://www.webdiva4hire.com/ottb/index.html
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=