The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PINK! Are you still using it?

For all of you who jumped on the PINK bandwagon, are you still using it?
    “It's about the horse and that's it.” - GM

!! is the new .

NO, I think it's awful.
    After reading how great it was, I went out and bought some. My horse's tail went flat and lifeless, not to mention the oily residue.

No. It seemed to dry out Cloudy's white tail. So I dug out some old citra shine stay in conditioner for humans, and it works so much better. It was too heavy for my hair, but just right for his tail. And non-drying.

No. The aerosol button kept popping off and making the can useless. I actually got it on my horses tail once and it looked really great. The first can broke right after that and the second one broke mid test spray before I even got it near my horse. I gave up on it after that and am just sticking with healthy hair care.

I"ve used it for years (almost 20 to be exact) and am still using it, in it's various formulations depending on what I'm doing. I've never had these problems with it that so many other folks seem to have.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

I've used it on and off for about 5 years now... I still like it for when I'm in the mood to fuss with my horses' tails while grooming.

For shows I usually just stick with plain ol' Show Sheen.
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

It dried out my horses tail. I would only use it on show day because it leaves an incredible shine-much nicer than PepiCoat which is greasy. Back to Infusium.

I'm still a huge believer in PINK. I was the one who started the thread.

Of course, how often you use it and the texture of your horse's tail/mane will make a difference. I use it MAYBE twice a week.
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

I am not big into shampooing and washing my horse. Before shows I usually wash out the tail and use Pink conditioner in the dock and the tips. I then use my hands to pull down the conditioner onto the hair shaft.

I use the Pink spray more since my horse lives out 24/7 I like it for the sunscreen. His tail is black and remains that way all summer. Usually only a once or twice a week application.

I hand pick the tail and then finish with a brush.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

I tried some a few weeks ago... I liked the immediate results and would probably use it again on show day, but it's not for the horse that is going to be turned right back out in his paddock... to roll in the mud .

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

Alright, Ive seen PINK pop up at quite a few shows and Ive been thinking about jumping on the bandwagon. I know it works well in tails but does anyone use it on the rest of the horses coat just like it were show sheen? or would that not be a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneandOnly View Post
    Alright, Ive seen PINK pop up at quite a few shows and Ive been thinking about jumping on the bandwagon. I know it works well in tails but does anyone use it on the rest of the horses coat just like it were show sheen? or would that not be a good idea?
    I use it on rubs/frayed hair on my mare's body.. but I don't think it would be ideal for an all over the body use. It's aerosol, so that would be tricky, and I think it might be a bit too oily for that as well.
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

Where have I been? I don't think I've ever heard of the stuff!

There was a big long thread several months ago about it. If you do a search you can probably find it.

I've used it for years and years and am still using it, but I never had any of these problems some folks seem to have.
    I use the leave in conditioner, the rinse out conditioner and the hair glosser. I also use the kind that smells less ethnic and that works well too. But it's not an every day thing. If you use it everyday I can see how it could attract dust and dirt.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermonster View Post
    I also use the kind that smells less ethnic and that works well too.
    What on earth does ethnic smell like? LOL!

I like it, but I'm not a big groomer. For everyday riding I do an all over curry, stiff brush, focus on where the saddle goes and hooves. I'll do the mane and tail a few times a month so I haven't noticed if it dries out or anything. My horses live outside 24/7 so I don't expect them to be too clean or to shine!

For the price and the frequency I use it... it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Nin View Post
    What on earth does ethnic smell like? LOL!
    LOL to me it smells like Jheri curl which is pretty much what it is, and you do find it in the ethnic hair care section
    they make another version that has a more "fresh" scent

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermonster View Post
    LOL to me it smells like Jheri curl which is pretty much what it is, and you do find it in the ethnic hair care section
    they make another version that has a more "fresh" scent
    LOL! That is not AT ALL what I thought you were getting at. I didn't know WHAT you were getting at, but I certainly didn't imagine it was Jheri Curl! LOL!

OMG no ROFLMAO

I guess there could be any variety of smells depending which ethnicity one wanted to pick on but probably shouldn't carry this any farther LOL still ROFLMAO

Default I like it

I couldn't get the aerosol kind so I have the lotion and I haven't had any problems with it drying the hair out. The lotion type works great as a detangler and it keeps it tangle free for a few days. I only apply it maybe once a week though. I also have the "knock off" brand of it and it works almost as good.