The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Interesting Slide Show

THis is a slideshow about my farrier, who is a renowned trainer of morgans, saddlebreds and hackney ponies. He taught my app stallion Sparky, to drive last witner. I just think this is a very cool slideshow, enjoy!

http://www.unc.edu/~lpepin/Saddle_Born_%26_Bred.html

Wow beautiful pics, thanks!
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

I know Harry! He used to shoe for some friends of mine who had Arabians... probably wouldn't remember me though... I was just a lowly barn worker/groom at the time . Would love to send my filly to him to teach to drive when the time comes... Thanks for sharing .

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

Thanks for sharing. Thoroughly enjoyed the show. The wisdom and knowledge are there, but it's done in such a humble, loving way. Photography is way cool.

HArry is a super cool guy! Whenever he comes to my place, which is about every week he always has such great stories to tell of his experiences! And he is SO GOOD with horses, very calm and relaxed. I just hate he is getting older and he had a pretty bad time this summer with his heart and didn't shoe for a while. I don't know what I will do when he retires from shoeing! He is a REAL farrier, really understands the horse and his foot and honestly I had no idea what a great trainer he was until he had shod for me for several years, he is so humble!

What beautiful horses and pictures. He seems like a very interesting man. I am curious, though. What is he putting in or on that horse's mouth?

That is the shiney goop they rub on their muzzle to make it looks dark and sort of "oily". Doesn't hurt them, kind of like vaseline and then afterwards just wash it off.