The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

OK, there have been a ton of Chicago questions and messages, and I have had a hard time keeping up with them all! How about a check in, and while we're at it who is up for an actual get together, possibly at one of the shows this spring? Suggestions?

--R

OK, there have been a ton of Chicago questions and messages, and I have had a hard time keeping up with them all! How about a check in, and while we're at it who is up for an actual get together, possibly at one of the shows this spring? Suggestions?

--R

Right, I'll start. I live in Chicago (lakeview), technically have an office in downtown Chicago but spend the majority of my work week on the road.

Weekends, of course, are spent with my husband (who has responded well to my "how to be a horse-person's husband" training) and my horse -- a coming 7 appendix QH who I will be showing, hopefully in A/A, at the NIHJAs and As this summer. A pic of us from last summer, in pre-green, is attached!

--R

[This message was edited by RRB on Feb. 18, 2003 at 10:24 AM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sailor1small.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	6708  

Good topic, RRB.

I'm an adult amateur rider, originally form the Boston area, who relocated to Chicago for college (go Blue Demons!). I moved out of the city (Wrigleyville) in the fall after graduating from college, and now live in the affordable but otherwise unexciting FAR south suburbs.

Recently, I gave notice at my job (I was a community educator for a Rape Crisis Center-- sounds fun, right?) after being hired as director at a summer camp for girls in rural Kane County (a seasonal position that will lead back into fulltime, or so I'm told).

I have a 12 year old TB hunter gelding who is crabby from months off after a ligament injury sustained last spring at Ledges. He's ready to go, but I'm waiting for the trainer to return from Florida for fear that if I don't, she'll wind up finding me splattered against the wall of the indoor.

Upcoming personal challenges include finding someone to lease my boy for the summer, while I'm tied up at camp. Despite my aforementioned splattering fears, he really is quite an easy ride in the 3'.

LML

*MidWest/Chicago Clique*

Can you count me in? I don't live in Chicago but I do show on the IHJA circuit. I have a bay gelding that I'm doing the Nervous Adult Hunters with. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif Hopefully moving up to the A/As at some point. I'll attach a pic of us at Lamplight last year.

Name:	monti_jump_lamplight_2002.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	6670  

Hey there fellow IL people! My horse is kicking back with his shoes pulled for the winter as it is too cold for me to ride. I am probably going to the May Lamplight NIHJA to start out & work my way towards the 2 A shows in June at Lamplight (getting an idea of where I am showing this summer? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif) I showed in the Am/Ad hunters last summer. Here we are at A Finals last fall. Hopefully I'll see you guys this year!

Name:	Afinals02.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	5422  
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

OK, there are way too many nice horses in this area! Giddy-up and Nix, your horses are lovely!

I'm liking the Lamplight late spring/early summer plan. I hadn't thought about show schedule beyond April -- is the Tally Ho NIHJA at Lamplight? I like the facility a lot (and it's got good places to park spectators that come to watch), so maybe I'll try to work that into the plan.

--R

Rack me, I'm out.

Thanks RRB. I love seeing people from the area. Gives me somebody to cheer for at the rings!

My mom says we will all to have wear our COTH BB names when we meet up so that we'll recognize each other! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

Yes, the Tally Ho NIHJA will be at Lamplight. It will be like last year I believe; there's a B show at the same time, but the facility can more than accomodate both shows. I went last year & didn't think there were any troubles with having 2 shows together.

Hi all- I live in Schaumburg. I have a 5yo TB gelding who is an OTTB currently still in his 1st yr of retraining. We will show NIHJA this season - first time I have shown in umm 10-12yrs - ooohhh its ugly to get old, lol. I would attach a pic, but I don't know how- my horse's show name is Legendary Phoenix.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone at the shows and cheering them on! For those we don't meet- very best of luck this season.

Hey everyone!! I live in Hinsdale and show the IHJA A's too! I haven't really been doing much this winter because I've been enjoying my high school years http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif...but I plan to get into the swing of showing again soon with my new horse who will *hopefully* be my large junior horse next year. I also hope to qualify again for indoors on my childrens horse Snowbound. Good luck to everyone this spring and summer!! I'll see you at the shows!!

*Snowbound*
    *BeachBound*

Hi, I live in lakeview and work downtown. I have a green horse who will do the first years, and the adults with me. We will go to the Mason City shows, then Tennessee, Asheville, and probably back up here for Traders Point (my favorite show). We may go to the Ledges in April. Anyone else planning to be there?

Fellow Chicagoans: I’d be happy to participate in a get-together. My proximity makes Ledges or Lamplight great possibilities.

"It's never to late to be what you might have been." George Elliot

Hey all! I too am a fellow Illini! We are in Florida 'til June (school schedule for the rug rats). We are mostly focused on polo but this past summer I got back into the ring at Ledges on my OTTB. It was a blast...tho I find the polo schedule way easier. The waiting for me is excrutiating. If my mare doesn't sell down here I will probably show some this summer...maybe with Thomas Cerra. I also have a really cute medium pony that I will have ready for this summer...can you say catchrider needed! I would love to hook-up with you guys this summer. I am in Naperville.

Name:	MonaFinals1.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	8779  
    \"Just when I thought I was out ,They pull me back in!\"
    -Sylvio Dante--\"The Sopranos\"

Thanks RRB !!

I would love to have a COTH get-together at one of the shows! We're planning on finishing out the winter series at Ledges and then going to Lamplight for Equifest, Traders Point and probably Mason City somewhere in there as well.

Natty Dread I love your horse's color!! She's going to give you away at the shows if I see you! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif I'll remember that one.

From Chicago area here! Don't really know what my show schedule will be like this year. Used to do the B shows but have heard there haven't been many entries. I think I am going to go to some NIHJA shows this year. But, I also in the process of looking for a new project horse. Maybe I'll see some of you guys at Lamplight or something!
    Hope eveyone has a good show season this year!

Hey Chicago people, is anyone familiar with a barn named Telluride Farm in Canterbury farm. I just sent a horse to some people to vet check and hopefully buy. The farm is in Hampshire. Thanks.

Diane is Telluride & Canterbury is Greg's. Greg just built that facility (Diane has an aisle) & I heard it's awesome! Have only seen from the road in winter so I can't wait til summer to stop by. If I was a horse, it sounds wonderful to live there. Grass fields, trails, GP field, and best of all - HEAT!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

Oh, why not? I don't have much to add because I'm not currently riding, but I will chime in anyway. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

I am a law student in Chicago. I live in Lincoln Park and go to school right off of Michigan Avenue at Northwestern University School of Law (their downtown campus).

I showed a bunch when I was a junior and lived in Florida (juniors and big eq), but I have been taking a break through college and law school. I've been fantasizing about moving to the suburbs lately, so maybe someday I'll soon I'll be able to engage in horsey pursuits again. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

I have been out to Lamplight a few times to spectate, and I plan to go again when it's not freezing cold. I used to get prizelists in the mail but I haven't for some time. Can anyone tell me when the next show at Lamplight is? I would love to take a trip "out to the country"! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

AnnM

Ann - if you check out www.showplaceproductions.com it lists all the upcoming show dates and locations

I know they have dressage at Lamplight as well (in case you'd like to watch that) and there's a link to the Lamplight web site off of Showplace Production's site.

Nix, thanks for the help. I soon as I posted that, I thought "DUH, check the splashy Showplace Productions website!!" http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

AnnM