The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile Gelding available as stallion/stallion prospect companion LEASE SW OH can travel

I am looking for a farm whose young stallion(s) needs a gelding companion. My guy is not ridable due to an injury, this would be a companion lease only. He is still quite sound, more than just "pasture sound". I will provide all supplements and could pay expense board to stallion owner if so negotiated. He will only go to an exceptional, well maintained situation. He is NOT a throwaway horse.

My gelding was raised in a herd of 70+ stallions/some geldings, ages long weanling through about 6 or 7 years old. He can help instill manners and respect for authority with your youngsters, but isn't a mean or aggressive horse. He very rarely kicks; he postures, with enough true pestering I have seen him kick, but even then he only escalated in stages, so your youngster is not likely to be injured. He has been turned out with a variety of young stock and tends to help maintain a structured herd. I have seen three year olds rear on his back, etc, and he does not kick.

I have no need to place my guy, but if he can be useful to someone, I'd like to see him being used. I am willing to have him travel if you are not local; a STELLAR farm environment is paramount. If you feel your youngster needs to learn to be a horse, but would bully or be abused by your other companion options, please PM me.
    Last edited by Bif; Apr. 16, 2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: clarification

Bump. Anyone interested in a good turnout companion for youngster or older stallion? Pictures on the his website listed in my signature.
    I'm not really at the top of my game today. I'm not even exactly sure what game I'm supposed to be playing, in fact... or where it's being held...

My horse's antics iamboyfriend.com

Bump, in case someone is looking for a good companion for a stallion.
    I'm not really at the top of my game today. I'm not even exactly sure what game I'm supposed to be playing, in fact... or where it's being held...

My horse's antics iamboyfriend.com