The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone have the Adam Ju-Lite trailer?

or another steel/alum Adam like it even if a different size of GN/BP.

Please give input asap, as we are going to look at one om Monday. Any info would be appreciated.

Mailny, what do you think of Adam trailers?
    Loves & hates?
    Do the mechanicals work well?
    Good or super cheap tires?
    Does it tow well?
    Does the floor plan work for you?
    What would you change about the trailer?
    Probs. with the steel/alum construction?
    Do they stand behind the warranty?

http://www.adamtrailers.com/_mgxroot...od_343_187.jpg

http://www.adamtrailers.com/_mgxroot...od_370_616.jpg

Thanks!

Yip

I like that floor plan, is the space inbetween where the horses are and the tack room just open? I know that's where they'd walk forward to get off if you use the side ramp but could you use it for anything else?

I have an Adam stock trailer and it's done great for me. No complaints with the company in general.

[QUOTE][is the space inbetween where the horses are and the tack room just open? I know that's where they'd walk forward to get off if you use the side ramp but could you use it for anything else? /QUOTE]

It looks like a pretty large space to me. I would think you could get buckets, bale of hay standing up, or other bulky stuff in there. If you didn't care to walk the horses off the front ramp, you would use the escape door and could put lots of stuff up against the ramp..

http://www.adamtrailers.com/_mgxroot...od_267_273.jpg

That's what it looks like with the front ramp open and the left side escape door closed. The letal thing in the way is a head divider. Not sure I like that, but some horses might require it.

I haven't seen it in person yet. Going tomorrow if it's still available.

Oh, our other plan is to just buy an Adam stock trailer - 14-18".

Yip

Quote Originally Posted by Yip View Post
    Mailny, what do you think of Adam trailers?
    Loves & hates?
    Do the mechanicals work well?
    Good or super cheap tires?
    Does it tow well?
    Does the floor plan work for you?
    What would you change about the trailer?
    Probs. with the steel/alum construction?
    Do they stand behind the warranty?
    I have a BP 2H step up straight Adam w/ DR and stock sides, my BO has a gooseneck 3H ramped slant with full DR, also stock sides (we like air for horses). I believe hers is alum over steel, mine is solid steel (personal preference).

Adam = great trailer, well designed, well built, durable, a real pleasure to use
    Good tires, good parts
    Tows beautifully, straight and balanced
    Good company, have only heard good reports. I have not had any problems with this great trailer so have not had to contact them.
    I think the only thing I would change about my trailer is a teeny tiny thing that is hard to explain and has no real consequence for function or use.
    BO is SERIOUSLY OCD about keeping that trailer clean, so it is still in pristine showroom condition even though it is a few years old, LOL. I am less so, although I keep it neat, but it still looks good, tows good, etc.

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

The Adam trailer with the side ramp is my dream trailer. A couple of fellow boarders have Adams and I think they are great trailers. I drooled over the side ramp one when I saw it at a dealers... so nice, but so out of my price range.
    Dreaming in Color

My friend has that model. Her dressing room is walled off, but I think kind of small. I have hauled with her and the only thing I didn't like about the trailer was having to climb thru the escape door to get to my mare on the other side of the trailer(kind of a nuisance to unhook eveything and put ramp down especially on the side of the road) She got that type as she has draft crosses. I have an Adam bumper pull without the front ramp. It has a v-nose with dressing room(dressing room has quite a bit more room). I have really liked mine. It is about 6 years old and has held up well. It still has the original tires on it. (Plan to have the tires evaluated when I take it in for maintenance in March). It hauls well. Here is a picture of my trailer(sorry my horse and I are in the picture)http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2787/...e98f7c5eba.jpg
    Last edited by Simbalism; Jan. 12, 2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: wrong picture link

I've had Adam 2H BP, 2H GN, 7H slant, 4H HtoH, and now a 2+1 with side ramp. All new within the past 10 years. I love the Adam trailers. They are well made. The 7H slant and 4H HtoH had over 100k miles each on them (with racehorses at that) within 2 years. Everything held up nicely. When a few small things popped up- I took back to dealer and he fixed with no questions asked.

I think you will love the side ramp. Easier to load/unload. You can tack up in bad weather in there. If you are going on a long haul- you can load that front area up with stuff and not have to put in back of truck.

I can't think of anything bad to say about the trailers.

Good luck!

It looks like it would be hard for the passenger side horse to make the turn to come out the side ramp without scraping their side. Not much easier for the driver side horse to make the turn either. I haven't seen it in person though.

Well, it didn't work out. The trailer was in their online ad but hadn't come onto the lot yet. A gal was scheduled to trade it but found someone to buy it friom her beforehand. The ad ran with no trailer available.

BUT we went and looked at the Adam trailers anyway. I have a cart-hauling issue that needs to be fully addressed before buying, but if we buy enclosed, we're going to buy the one Simbalism pictured. I might rather have a step-up than the rear ramp.

The other option is a partially enclosed stock trailer so we can store our cart out of the weather.

Thanks to all of you who posted or sent emails. You really helped us make our choice.

Yip

PS - Simbalism, your pic cracked me up, lol!

Oh, forgot to say, as we spoke to the salesman at out dealership, who should pull in but *Adam* himself! We got to meet him, and he's a very respectful (no sir, yes ma'am) and hard working young fellow.

It is a family owned and run businesss and Adam is the son's name. The Julite was named for a daughter, Julie. *Mom* works there too and is a barrel racer. They're located in SE VA about 2 hrs. from us. They are happy to give tours of the plant and encourage it. We're definitely going to do that. Just call ahead to be sure someone is there to give the tour. *Dad* could be anywhere, even in the shop, welding. He would personally make our cart rack.

If we buy the enclosed trailer, they'll need to put a cart rack on it at the factory, so we'll pick it up ourselves and save $130 freight.