The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free lease 17hh TB mare in GA

13 year old TB mare, 17hh, solid bay. Looking for 1 year lease, will consider longer if you are looking for a broodmare lease. Proven broodmare with 2 quality foals on the ground.
    Big bodied mare, looks more like a warmblood then thoroughbred. Knows basic dressage, gets her changes (when asked), jumps 3' with ease (could go higher) and hacks out alone or in a group. Quiet but not bombproof, appropriate for intermediate rider. I would say appropriate for confident advanced beginner, but she tends to test out a new rider by throwing a few (small) bucks the first time they ask her to canter. It has never seemed like she was trying to get anyone off (no one has ever come off either) but more like she is seeing if they will let her get away with it. Has never reared or bolted.
    Ties, clips, loads, no vices, goes barefoot in light work, could use fronts for heavy work or rocky trail riding. Does not bite, or kick and is easy to catch. Rides in regular snaffle. With conditioning could start eventing tomorrow. Very Very nice mare, I just don't have time to ride her right now.

Default Interested...

Hi there,

I'm interested in seeing some pictures of your mare, if possible.

Are her foals that are on the ground now TB's or has she ever been bred to a WB stallion? Are there any pictures available of her foals?

Is she OTT or Unraced? Would it be possible for you to send me her JC registered name for me to look at her bloodline?

Thanks!

Hi there,
    One of her foals was by a TB, the other an app. I can send pics of her and her foals, just PM with with your e-mail addy. She is OTT.

Default Thanks!

Thanks!

You have a PM.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.