The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Snow at the Barn

Hi gang,
    I've posted on the Chronicle site today, http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...i-pay-snow-day

about how we've been dealing with the 30-plus inches of snow. Would love for you to jump over to the main site to take a glance and share any ideas on how to make winter at the barn more bearable for the humans and the beasts!

Thanks!
    Elizabeth
    She Rides, I Pay
    www.sheridesIpay.com

Wink

Elizabeth, I read it with a constant giggle in my throat. It just puts things into perspective. I am in south Florida and we are having the coldest temps here that we have seen in a long time, if ever. We are riding our horses (or not) looking more like we belong on the ski slopes. But that would make sense since the only warm clothes we own would be our ski clothes and not riding clothes. All we do is whine and wonder when it is going to get back, at least, into the 60's. Which prior to this week would have been considered questionable to ride in. We are such whimps down here, even my Danish trainer and a Swedish boarder are not enjoying this at all. At least we don't have to worry about the snow falling down from our covered arena.........at least not yet. Global warming!!!!!!