The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eventing Nation?

I'm sure the rest of you know this, but....who makes the eventingnation.com website? I love it!

John Thier

Thumbs up Big thumbs up. . .

Yep, quirky, weird and right on target. I love it too.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

I've known him a few years now and it's like wow! I had no idea his sense of humor. Keep up the great work eventing nation!

Thanks for the info - I had no idea that site existed, and now it is bookmarked.

Smile Encouragement!

Yes, I think it is a great site. He obviously puts in lots of work, updating and adding. Thanks to John and let's send him kudos and encouragement.

Yes, I love Eventing Nation! I met John @ USEA convention and he was nice enough to show me how he created his blog and whatnot, very nice guy. I have to admit when he put those holiday videos up, I was just about rolling on the floor laughing.
    Worry, doubt, fear and despair are the enemies which slowly bring us down to the ground and turn us to dust before we die.

~ Douglas MacArthur

Thanks for starting this thread Little Cheese. I'm already a big fan of Eventing Nation and really hope it survives and thrives. In my opinion they've already hit the mark for providing useful information without being dry and boring, amusing without being gossipy, and thorough without taking itself too seriously. Go Eventing Nation!

Eventing Nation is great! I love the live blogs and they post some really great videos. I really liked the videos posted on Sunday about the history of the sport and the dancing "elves" had me on the floor!

Thumbs up

I find Eventing Nation hilarious and very informational as well!! It always has the most up to date and interesting news and is one of the first websites I look at every day! Check it out!!
    No Trouble
    2/2/05 - 7/29/13
    Rest In Peace my quirky brave boy, I will love you forever.

As the aforementioned John, I am grateful for the kind words of support and feel compelled to respond in some way. Firstly, I am not exactly sure why eventingfan decided to misspell and capitalize 'their' right after my first name. Although, having done a bit of research, I found that 'Thier' means 'village idiot' in Prussian, so that might be what eventingfan means . In reality, I intentionally only use my first name on the site because I am reasonably shy, but mostly because I want Eventing Nation to be about the entire 'eventing nation.' After all, the sport is many magnitudes more interesting to both our readers and myself than my meager existence. Some people know me, some people don't. The good news is that in the end, most people don't care. So, I know that only about 15 billion people read these forums each day, but can we just make it our little secret guys?

The more important point is that people seem to be enjoying the site. Thanks for all the kind words; they really are the fuel that keeps the EN flame burning. Lastly, I am hoping that someone out there will spice this thread up with some inflammatory and preferably grammatically erroneous criticism. I certainly don't want us to start resting on our laurels.

Kind Regards, John 'the village idiot'
    Last edited by J3D1; Jan. 7, 2010 at 01:34 PM.

Well, just so you know, if you see me at events. Come get me and I'll point him out for you guys (well, ladies, that is why he made the website, you know). Then we can all giggle and point at you, John

Just be sure if you take a pic of me, get it when I'm flipping you off, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
    Well, just so you know, if you see me at events. Come get me and I'll point him out for you guys (well, ladies, that is why he made the website, you know). Then we can all giggle and point at you, John
    Gosh Lisa, thanks for completely giving away the master plan! All this talk about 'betterment of the sport' and 'improving the quality of information flow,' and it all just comes down to the ladies, in the end. I guess I am more transparent than I thought .

John--my thanks, too, for Eventing Nation. I look at it every day; thank goodness its free!
    You can either be a good example or just a really horrible warning...

Huh, I need to check it out. I feel really, really old--I remember John Thier when he was an itty bitty kid on that fantastic, itty bitty pony Hot Tamale.
    Click here before you buy.

I absolutely love the site!!! I sent in 2 photos of my gelding for the fan of the day!
    *Paige*
    ~*It's not about the ribbons, but about the ride behind it"
    R.I.P. Teddy O'Connor

Thumbs up U-SUK!!

YU SUK, JoN, ANd yuRsight duz two---

How`s that? Suitably inflammatory?

Actually, it`s fabulous. Congratulations to you for the immense effort.

Quote Originally Posted by denny View Post
    YU SUK, JoN, ANd yuRsight duz two---

How`s that? Suitably inflammatory?

Actually, it`s fabulous. Congratulations to you for the immense effort.
    OMG Denny! You do that just like my 14 yo godson. (His mother made me "friend" him on FB so I know.) Had to read it three times. Suitably inflammatory and so hip too.

Love the sitem JoN.

Talking new title suggestions;

eventerssuk.net

runjumpncrash.com

Come on guys, help John get reely baaaad------

Does JoN need help to be really bad? Can't he get that way on his own?
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com