The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default USDF Results Lookups?

I recently tried to get the results from shows I've done with my horse, who is a lifetime member. However, when the results came up, the site said I had to pay another $35 to view the results?

Why is this? What in the world did I pay a massive lifetime membership fee for if I can't even look up my scores?

If I go to look them up again after a couple more shows, will I have to pay another $35 to get the additional shows? Or is it a one time fee?

I have one for sale, and looked her results up too. Same $35 fee for her 2 shows as Copper's 16. If I want to send this information to someone, like put it in a link in an e-mail or ad, will the person looking also have to pay?

Is there any way, other than just stashing away score sheets, to get around this? I'm definitely not pleased...

You can get scores for current and previous year for free, you have to pay for years before that.
    Tranquility Farm - Proud breeder of Born in the USA Sport Horses, and Cob-sized Warmbloods
    Now apparently completely invisible!

No, it's just the current year (October 1 to September 30) that is for free.

Luckily you can look up those scores until about December, because they are too busy with the Convention to update it until then. After the convention, it just shows the new year.

You can get your scores on the USEF's site for free.
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

I've looked up my results on USEF's site. They have the placing, but they don't always have the scores for dressage.

Yep, current year only. $35 does seem a bit unreasonable though. I could see like $10 or $15, but $35? Really?

I think I remember them actually sending out an email reminding people to print out their show records if needed, before the end of the year, otherwise you would have to pay the $35.00

It seems to have gone up. When I did it this past summer, it was only $20 or $25.

Yeah, I looked them up on the USEF site, but it's just not as in depth it seems. Some of them, it just shows how I placed, without putting the score.

I hate that I only showed once or twice this year, and a million times last year. I wish I'd known that you got charged for past results or I would have printed them out.

I still think that that massive lifetime registration fee should have taken care of this. I mean, it's not like I'm becoming a member once to show a couple times, then trying to use the results.

I am a little upset about that too. USEA (eventing) I can look up everything that they have, no charge, going back as far as they have it. I think they are still loading some history. In years past they would fax your performance records n/c on any horse you owned or were interested in.

It makes me a bit grumpy to have to pay $35. Especially since USEF is free.

And it's a good thing to check those reports. I got the USEF report all the way back to 2004 when I first started showing my gelding and there was incorrect information on it. There was a show I'd never been to. USEF promptly investigated and corrected it.