The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking I got this for Xmas :)

After 20 years of asking Santa for a pony this is what I got for Christmas.
    http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pe...number=7043255

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=4011344984

video's from this summer also. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...e&id=502023826

The vet is coming out tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed.

If we can become comfortable with water my goal is to move up to Training end of June, with Midsouth T3D an end of season goal. Prelim is my long term goal, but Only if she is confidant and wants to.

I know there is no good conformation pic, but from what you can see. what do you think?
    Last edited by K.; Jan. 6, 2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: fixed linky... I hope :)

The first link didnt work for me....but I like her. She looks like she has a kind eye and likes to jump! You guys look good together too. Congrats and hope the PPE goes well!

oops! I think I fixed it we have a ways to go.. but I like her I finally got a new jump saddle (not from Santa ) so I don't look like I'm sitting in a chair anymore..
    Last edited by K.; Jan. 6, 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Santa must really like you.
    She is lovely
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

.. after a million xrays.. I have to decide.. do I want a horse that needs adequan for one stifle and cortizone for her hocks and whatever acid for her other stifle?..... how about a bank account that someone else fills up when I need to do all this? and you know.. I was paying attention.. but I was so stressed out that I really can't tell you what the vet actually said was wrong with anything.. except that she needs a bunch of injections.. to make her perform better.. oh.. and trailers on her back shoes to help bring her hind legs back instead of just under... GAH! I love my pony.. why can't she be perfect?

[quote=K.;4602261! I love my pony.. why can't she be perfect?[/quote]

NONE are....and if they are perfect physically...usually a screw is loose in their mind!!!

If you like her...and vet thought that she would hold up for the job...get her. Injections to make her perform better...are very different from injections to make her sound.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

That's the trouble with having horses vetted, you get all the gory details but no crystal ball to see how they're actually going to play out.

Your pictures look like she's using herself pretty darn well and the two of you look like you're having fun. If I were you I'd have a hard time giving her up.

Maybe your vet would be willing to discuss the x-ray results with you again. Often they end up saying things like it may cause x problem in a few years or never cause a problem, but it had to be mentioned because it's there.

Good luck. I hope she works out for you.

Sorry if posting this late.

How old is she?
    What has she been doing?

I would be very concerned about buying an eventer that needed stifle injections. Horses as you mentioned cost enough without the costs the vet mentioned.