The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2005
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Bachus (Adrianna) , with all due respect , I must ask you how would you know the answers to your own questions.

    I could be mistaken but I believe you don't own a horse , you don't ride horses and you have never bred a horse. Am I correct ?



  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov. 27, 2003
    Posts
    78

    Default

    I have worked for Jos Lansink, Meredith Michaels Beerbaum and now for Nisse Lüneburg. I live in Holstein for a year. I come here for 9 years, I write articles for Dutch, German, Australian and magazines from the USA. I interview riders like Franke Sloothaak, Pius Schwizer, Ludo Philippaerts, Jos Lansink. Ask questions to Laura O'Connor, Alberto Michan, Laura Kraut and Nick Skelton (at the Hamburger Derby). I have interviewed the breeders from Casall, Cassini, Contender, Burggraaf, Verdi, Numero Uno, Boritas/Limoncello, Con Caletto/Cardento and so many more over the years. I brush Contender almost weekly, I see and work with offspring from almost every Holsteiner stallion daily...

    So tell me what do I not know?

    Do I have to add that I helped with several books from Asmussen Verlag about Holsteiner stallions over the years? The Corde book etc?

    Don't give me such a personal attack if you have no clue what I am doing. I had my first article in Pferd und Sport two months ago.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2005
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Again , I only asked you questions , I did not attack you.

    I also see that you did not answer any of my questions.

    "Brushing Contender" , "writing articles" , "interviewing people" "mucking stalls and grooming" does not mean you know anything about breeding. How can you ? You haven't done it.

    You may have inflated the German teams soccer ball. You may have interviewed the coach. You may have washed the teams uniform and you may have written an article about the match.......doesn't mean you know how to play soccer.

    My point remains for folks trying to garner information in a chat room. The source should always be considered.
    Last edited by Bayhawk; Nov. 23, 2012 at 07:03 PM.



  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar. 12, 2005
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    But if chatrooms are so pointless why are you here Bayhawk?


    9 members found this post helpful.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2005
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolensilver View Post
    But if chatrooms are so pointless why are you here Bayhawk?
    I didn't say they were pointless. I said to garner information on how a particular stallion breeds , one must consult with the breeders who have used said stallion. Only they know what was brought by him to the table in conjunction with the mother.

    I have never used the stallion myself. If I were to use said stallion , I wouldn't be looking for the information here from people who know next to nothing about said stallion.



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec. 11, 2007
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Mon Dieu ! Quel débat pour une simple question !

    I was only asking for advice. If you don't have any, that is ok. I will continue to find information on my own... Thanks anyway.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov. 27, 2003
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhawk View Post
    Again , I only asked you questions , I did not attack you.

    I also see that you did not answer any of my questions.

    "Brushing Contender" , "writing articles" , "interviewing people" "mucking stalls and grooming" does not mean you know anything about breeding. How can you ? You haven't done it.

    You may have inflated the German teams soccer ball. You may have interviewed the coach. You may have washed the teams uniform and you may have written an article about the match.......doesn't mean you know how to play soccer.

    My point remains for folks trying to garner information in a chat room. The source should always be considered.
    How interesting... I did ride actually but not anymore since I enjoy it more to work at other ways with horses. Mocking out stables? Who says I am doing that?
    Breeding; yes I have chosen stallions for a couple of years for 5 mares, some of those products are jumping at 1.50 level. So you can throw that statement away.
    Since when does owning a horse has anything to do with knowledge about how a horse produces mare or stallion?
    Plus I wanted the name of the mother so I had a point to start with. My articles mostly cover 4 generations of information.

    Again you know nothing about me and it is interesting how you can judge people who you don't know.

    I am still thinking about the point that I have no knowledge, why would the Verband ask me to write now and then articles if I had no clue were I am talking about? Maybe they should ask you?


    11 members found this post helpful.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2005
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bachus View Post
    How interesting... I did ride actually but not anymore since I enjoy it more to work at other ways with horses. Mocking out stables? Who says I am doing that?
    Breeding; yes I have chosen stallions for a couple of years for 5 mares, some of those products are jumping at 1.50 level. So you can throw that statement away.
    Since when does owning a horse has anything to do with knowledge about how a horse produces mare or stallion?
    Plus I wanted the name of the mother so I had a point to start with. My articles mostly cover 4 generations of information.

    Again you know nothing about me and it is interesting how you can judge people who you don't know.

    I am still thinking about the point that I have no knowledge, why would the Verband ask me to write now and then articles if I had no clue were I am talking about? Maybe they should ask you?
    So you still don't own a horse , you still have never bred a horse and you have done little to no riding.

    You brush horses , you "work" with horses and you write articles.

    I'm glad you write articles but writing articles does not make you know anything about breeding.



  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun. 21, 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    4,066

    Default

    WOW she hasn't even given any advise and is torn apart.. WOW
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"


    3 members found this post helpful.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov. 27, 2003
    Posts
    78

    Default

    My last reply to you Reece is again that judging a person you don't know is quite low . Today I read something that was really good; A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep (Zag)

    Limoncello is a interesting stallion, being halfbrother to Lasino who produced 3 Olympic horses and more international sporthorses. With Lorentin as sire of Limoncello you can except good movement. Lorentin his strenght is mostly in dressage but his offspring can make a good jump too.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2005
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bachus View Post
    My last reply to you Reece is again that judging a person you don't know is quite low . Today I read something that was really good; A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep (Zag)

    Limoncello is a interesting stallion, being halfbrother to Lasino who produced 3 Olympic horses and more international sporthorses. With Lorentin as sire of Limoncello you can except good movement. Lorentin his strenght is mostly in dressage but his offspring can make a good jump too.
    Adrianna , I will tell you again that I wasn't judging or attacking you. I merely asked you questions DIRECTLY relating to your knowledge concerning breeding.

    I think you are doing good things in Holstein in order for you to be able to write some of the nice articles you wrote that I have read. My point still remains however.....you can't really comment on breeding when you don't breed. that's all I was saying.

    Peace out Adrianna.......



  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun. 13, 2003
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhawk View Post
    So you still don't own a horse , you still have never bred a horse and you have done little to no riding.

    You brush horses , you "work" with horses and you write articles.

    I'm glad you write articles but writing articles does not make you know anything about breeding.
    :taptaptap:
    Bayhawk, attacking the credentials of someone does what, exactly, make you look more knowledgeable?

    (psssst, it sort of makes you look like an ass)

    Additionally, you WERE attacking:
    So you still don't own a horse , you still have never bred a horse and you have done little to no riding.

    You brush horses , you "work" with horses and you write articles.

    I'm glad you write articles but writing articles does not make you know anything about breeding."

    You are insinuating that someone's lack of riding, horse ownership or ownership of breeding horses precludes them from having any experience worthy of sharing. You are insulting her by saying she "brushes" horses and writing articles--as though it should be something that precludes her from having an opinion, and even go so far as saying such.
    Don't pull the "innocent question-asker" when you get nailed for being exactly what you are being--an ass.


    10 members found this post helpful.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2006
    Posts
    10,016

    Default

    Sorry, I accidently hit the wrong thumb for the above post. Instead I'd like to give it a standing ovation.

    And utter a sigh.

    I watched the video and the stallion looks very nice.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct. 4, 2003
    Location
    Hurdle Mills, NC
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhawk View Post
    Adrianna , I will tell you again that I wasn't judging or attacking you. I merely asked you questions DIRECTLY relating to your knowledge concerning breeding.

    I think you are doing good things in Holstein in order for you to be able to write some of the nice articles you wrote that I have read. My point still remains however.....you can't really comment on breeding when you don't breed. that's all I was saying.

    Peace out Adrianna.......
    I had you on my ignore list for a long time, Bayhawk, and this exchange reminds me why-- you are so presumptuous, so arrogant, so judgmental and so sure of your judgments no matter how groundless they may be. There are many avenues to learning about anything-- including breeding. If a person is capable of writing good articles on a subject, s/he is obviously qualified to comment regardless of how s/he has acquired the requisite knowledge.

    I am reminded, for example, of a TB broodmare man who studied the bloodlines, parents, conformation, and careers of foals he delivered for decades before he ventured into breeding himself. His wife threatened divorce when he finally took the plunge, mortgaging their house to buy and breed a specific mare to a stallion of bloodlines he'd chosen for her. The resulting foal (Hansel) made them multi-millionaires. Clearly this guy (Marvin Little) didn't need to be a breeder himself-- or own horses, or ride, or even read very well -- to learn a helluva lot worthy of respect. He learned what he needed to long before he bred, mostly by watching, listening, living with the horses, taking care of them, seeing generations of various families and developing an incredible eye for what was producing what. There are a lot of horse people out there with comparable knowledge and eye for horses who, for any number of reasons, never breed themselves. I for one, would like to hear their comments, just as I would Marvin's even before he bred, and find them every bit as valuable as yours-- if not more so.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2005
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Yada ,yada , yada. Same ol suspects still living in the land of the offended.



  16. #36
    Join Date
    Oct. 4, 2003
    Location
    Hurdle Mills, NC
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Yup. Back on the ignore list. Bye, bye birdie, bye, bye.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jun. 13, 2003
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhawk View Post
    Yada ,yada , yada. Same ol suspects still living in the land of the offended.
    Same old big-headed ass, living in the land where his opinion matters. Yawn.

    Though, I hardly recognized the writing, what with Stamm not being mentioned even once.

    Tedious.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Mar. 1, 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,086

    Default

    With all due respect, why is owning a horse a prereq for understanding how/what stallions produce?
    www.svhanoverians.com

    "Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Apr. 13, 2005
    Posts
    3,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donella View Post
    With all due respect, why is owning a horse a prereq for understanding how/what stallions produce?
    Because the power of observation is something only horse-owners possess


    4 members found this post helpful.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Oct. 4, 2003
    Location
    Hurdle Mills, NC
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    As a P.S.-- take a look at the photo of Hansel on the Del Mar site -- one of the better TB photos I've seen from a sport horse perspective! YUM!

    http://www.pedigreequery.com/hansel



Similar Threads

  1. Video Of My Hungarian Warmblood Filly - Correct Video Posted
    By LockeMeadows in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan. 5, 2012, 06:46 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Mar. 17, 2010, 05:41 PM
  3. looking for a video posted in the past
    By cholmberg in forum Off Course
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb. 10, 2010, 01:55 PM
  4. Don't know if this video has been posted.....
    By Neighland in forum Off Course
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan. 28, 2010, 09:31 PM
  5. Looking for a video someone posted here
    By Joanne in forum Off Course
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan. 19, 2010, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness