The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Muck Boot Company Brit Colt (Formerly Brit Rider)

Im very interested in hearing your feedback. Especially on whether or not you can fit spurs on them. Those of you that have them, do you ride in them year round, even during warmer weather?

Thanks

I just got a pair for christmas. I did not expect to like them and I do. They are quite comfortable and ride just like regular boots. Haven't tried spurs on them but I don't think it would be a problem...

I have a pair that I LOVE, but don't ride in them at all - they're too thick for my taste.

They are however dry and toasty for around the barn! I'd consider wearing them to trail ride in...
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMakowski View Post
    Im very interested in hearing your feedback.

I loved them, but was surprised how quickly I wore through them. Although I do/did barn chores in them more than ride. I did ride in them some and they were fine for that, but you best make sure your stirrups are big enough.

Especially on whether or not you can fit spurs on them.

No Idea.

Those of you that have them, do you ride in them year round, even during warmer weather?

No! They are way too hot for that.

Thanks
    The rubber on mine cracked right where the rubber flexes over the metatarsals on both sides of both boots. They did that the last half of the second winter I had them. And since I only wore them in very cold weather (in Virginia) I would not buy them again. There are cheaper versions for the money, which I am wearing now. But I wouldn't ride in them.

Maybe you will have better luck.

SCFarm
    The above post is an opinion, just an opinion. If it were a real live fact it would include supporting links to websites full of people who already agreed with me.

www.southern-cross-farm.com

Quote Originally Posted by LLDM View Post
    The rubber on mine cracked right where the rubber flexes over the metatarsals on both sides of both boots. They did that the last half of the second winter I had them. And since I only wore them in very cold weather (in Virginia) I would not buy them again. There are cheaper versions for the money, which I am wearing now. But I wouldn't ride in them.

Maybe you will have better luck.

SCFarm
    WOW! I'm on Winter #2 with mine, and they still look new. They get worn almost daily, although only for occasional (1-2 days a week) "real" barn work.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."